Status
Not open for further replies.

tmp2

Hello, i just wanted to check your vbshout, it works perfect but the only problem i have is that when i write in Hebrew i cannt see it properly. infact i cannt see it at all.
all i see is question marks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Could you please try updating to the latest version of vBShout? 6.0.7 and its latest hotfixes should have resolved this :)

Regarding RTL I don't know, sorry :(

alright mate , i will try to update.

and thank you so much for your fast reply!! i will inform you if i succeed! thanks!

Hello again mates, i just wanted to say i am having this issue again.
i just Upgraded my forum from 3.8.6 to 4.2.0, and i changed the shoutbox aswell to v4 and i am having this issue again =(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i dont know why , it worked perfectly on 3.8.6 with shoutbox 6.0.7 and now on my 4.2.0 with 6.0.7 it doest work...

would glad if someone can help me out with this..
thanks in advanced , Daniel.

P.S
by the way, on this site i checked , the chat doesnt have isues. i can post on my language and it works. but you are using bulletin 4.1

Last edited:
Could you please post the real URL to your site so I can check it out? I can't reach the URL you posted in the issue description :)

the site i pointed here is working now , but i didnt put the chat over there yet untill i know its fully working.
is it ok if i will send you a pm with details of administrator of the secondary site which i am testing it on so you can check it?

Since you're running the Pro version of vBShout, could you please log on the account that purchased the mod and re-post the issue?

If you did not purchase a licence of vBShout Pro, then you are required to remove vBShout entirely from your server. Using pirated versions of our products is illegal, and hurts us as a business.

Regarding your issue - for obvious reasons we don't provide support to people who steal from us, sorry.

actualy i didnt notice it was the pro version. i downloaded it from a russian site, but agreed. will remove from the site and i'll buy the pro version only if you give me your word you know how to fix it.

in the meantime i removed it.

edit: and thanks for your effort btw.

The only authorised places to obtain DragonByte Tech mods are vBulletin.org (Lite versions, posted by "DragonByte Tech") and this website (Lite and Pro versions). Any other site are hosting mods without our authorisation.

Unfortunately we're unable to offer you a guarantee that it will be fixed. If the Pro version also suffers from this issue, then I'll try to fix it, but there's sadly no way for me to guarantee it can be fixed :(

ah i see.. =\ ok mate , i will try search here on forums if anyone else had this issue and if he managed to fix it ,
if not i will try to see if i am having the same problem on other chat softawres out there, if yes then i dont know what to do , maybe iwill try to buy here the software and hope someone will manage to fix it.

But thank you anyways mate. realy appreaciate it and dont worry , i am not a stealer. :)

If anyone here on the forums had the issue and managed to fix the issue I believe it would be fixed.

I would suggest starting with a good download. ;)

Here is a good Official Lite Version: vBShout

yea already downloaded it , installing right now. actually i just found an other shoutbox called inferno something, will try to see if that issue also appear over there, maybe its a database issue on my server. will try and let you all know.

Well, after few days trying to install and try dozens of other chats i am still getting the same issue... =\

been using the lite version for now, and chatting in the shoutbox in the native language using english letters is annyoing and useless.. =(

there must be away to fix this... anyone please have any idea? will be very thankful.

***EDIT ****
i found the problem , my lang charset is set to Windows-1255 , if i change my lang charset to utf8 or anything else then i be able to see the forum letters correct. the problem is that i dont want to change my default Windows-1255 to anything else, i want keep using it.

is there anyway to change something in vbshout.php config to use Windows-1255 ?

Last edited:
There's no charset config for this mod, sorry.

Why is the Windows charset so important to you, anyway?

because if i change my charset for something else , its messing up some other language fonts, and windows-1255 charset is the only that sets everything right.

for example, if i change in vbulletin lang charset to utf8 all my forum is showing up as question marks, but the chat font is shown correct. wierd =\.
only if i could some how fix the utf8 on my forum to be shown correct , then i will change everything to utf8

What collation is your database tables set to? You can find out by entering phpMyAdmin and seeing the collation in the table list.

Status
Not open for further replies.