Status
Not open for further replies.

vividwarrior

Hello there,

Here is a hack which features should be implemented into vBDownloads.

Features are:
This hack allows you to limit the number of attachments users can download during a given time period.

You can choose how many attachments a user can download in a give time. That given time can be set to an hour, a day, a week, a month, 3 months, 6 months, or a year. You also set which attachment types get counted for this hack. Also, you set which usergroups get affected by this hack and how many downloads each usergoup can make.

If a user tries downloading past their limit, they will get an error message. This error message includes when they will be able to start downloading again.

Also, there is a cron job to remove from the table that this hack creates, all the rows that are past the limit date so your table doesn't grow forever and saves you space.
I am not your customer so my words dont have any value. But I'm sure your customers would appreciate these features.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We have a feature like this at the moment. It allows you to limit the amount of files a user can download per day and is settable per usergroup. I might expand on this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.