Status
Not open for further replies.

LissaE

Customer
Please forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, I searched and found a couple of threads for vb4 but none that fixed my issue :(

I just purchased and installed this mod today, when I click on one of the like/thanks buttons in postbit nothing happens. It shows when I refresh the page but not when I click it and I'm not sure if this is the normal behaviour though I am guessing not lol

On a side not, I used to have Abe's mod installed and modified to a likes system, they imported to this as thanks. Can I change them over to likes instead?

I've also installed the AJAX threads mod and it's not working completely either, I think there might be a conflict but I don't know where to start looking lol

Last edited:
Please check Firefox' error console for any JavaScript errors :)

There's no way to easily change the thanks over to likes, sorry :(

I figured as much on the likes lol

There was nothing on the javascript console yesterday but I checked before I added the ajax threads, since I added that I now have this error (in Firebug's console):

"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - http://www.digiscrapforum.com/ajaxthreads.php"

I cannot see AJAX Threads running while browsing as a guest, have you disabled it?

I did for just a few moments, I wanted to see if anything at all would show up for the thanks/likes problem, but nada :( It's re-enabled now

Hmm, I'll need FTP info in order to look into this, could you please PM me with an FTP account?

For the issue on converting the Thanks to Likes:

Would it be possible to just rename the current "Thanks" button to "Likes" and then change the current button "Likes" to "Thanks"? Effectively just swapping them out on the front end?

For the issue on converting the Thanks to Likes:

Would it be possible to just rename the current "Thanks" button to "Likes" and then change the current button "Likes" to "Thanks"? Effectively just swapping them out on the front end?

Possibly but then everywhere it references them both would have to be changed too and it doesn't bother me quite that much lol

I believe both issues should now be fixed on your forum. Turns out it was a vB 3.8-only issue :)

Just quickly, the vb3.8 issue, would that affect the profile hover mod as well? I tried that one yesterday and never got any hover effects lol so I uninstalled it.

I doubt it, that's not one of my mods. You can try asking in that forum and the dev will look into it :)

Okie dokie :) I tried installing it again to refresh my memory on what happened lol and the settings page went blank when I tried to enable it. I'll go post in the correct forum....more for curiousity's sake now lol thanx so much for all your help :)

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back