Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec

Customer
I just had to skim through my Transaction log and manually remove expired usergroup changes that the shop did not remove automatically even after the purchased items should of expired of 2 weeks ago.

I have come to notice this because some members of mine messaged me letting me know that they were getting extra access after only paying for a certain length of time that has past.

I cannot confirm this in version 2.2.0 (how you got a hold of version 5.4.4 is beyond me ;)) - I set an item to have 1 day duration, ran the cron job for "Expiring Items" and it correctly expired the items :)

Please check to see if the (Pro) DragonByte Tech: vBShop - Item Duration scheduled task has ran.

I cannot confirm this in version 2.2.0 (how you got a hold of version 5.4.4 is beyond me ;)) - I set an item to have 1 day duration, ran the cron job for "Expiring Items" and it correctly expired the items :)

Please check to see if the (Pro) DragonByte Tech: vBShop - Item Duration scheduled task has ran.

lol, sorry about the version number there lol, was working on the Shoutbox as well and got them confused lol. It last ran today at 00:05:

(Pro) DragonByte Tech: vBShop - Item Duration 00:05, 19th Jun 2011 Items Deactivated

But the items didn't deactivate.

Are you sure you set the "Item Duration" to a number greater than 0?

Nobody else has reported this issue (and I know at least one other person that uses this feature) and I can't replicate it myself either...

Are you sure you set the "Item Duration" to a number greater than 0?

Nobody else has reported this issue (and I know at least one other person that uses this feature) and I can't replicate it myself either...

Yes sir. I double checked them and they were set to either 7 or 30.

Could you screenshot the complete configuration of the item? Maybe there's some combination of settings that breaks it...

Same problem. This is what I bought vbshop to do, so it's a pretty big deal.

I'm using the newest vbshop with the newest (heh) vbcredits. I'm using hte vbcredits point table.

Usergroup is not reset, neither purchased first hand nor gifted.

Attachments

• vbshoperror1.png
    vbshoperror1.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 4
  • vbshoperror2.png
    vbshoperror2.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
  • vbshoperror3.png
    vbshoperror3.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 3
  • vbshoperror4.png
    vbshoperror4.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
This thread is actually the result of a misunderstanding - usergroup change is currently not reversible.

The same is true for any item that has its "Active" checkbox permanently ticked and greyed out in your Inventory.

My site has a set forums our "premium" members sign up for via paid subscriptions.

I was under the impression that vbshop gave people an alternate way to sign up with points rather than money, and it wasn't clear that "usergroup" changes weren't part of "item duration."

Have you considered phasing out "usergroup" and "forum access" items to replace them with a "subscription" option, using vbulletin's paid subscription feature, which handles usergroup changes, forum access, and expiration automatically?

We wouldn't replace those items, but we'll take a Subscription item into consideration as per your other thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back