Bug Import not finding DownloadsII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphrod

Customer
When I click on the "Import Utility" link in the side menu, I am seeing the following

We were unable to locate any supported mods to be imported.

Currently, the following mods can be imported:

DownloadsII

I am trying to migrate from DownloadsII version 5.1.1, but it seems unable to see what ever file it needs to see to verify that I am running DownloadsII.

Do you have a guide that I can reference to figure out what it is looking for so I can correct the problem?

Unfortunately the importer does not work with the vB3 version of this mod just yet. It's on my list of things to do, however :)

So let me get this straight. On the sales page it says the mod supports both Version 3.8 and 4. No where does it state that the importer is only for version 4.x. There is not real documentation to explain the mod, but I was suppose to guess that the mod will not work for me?

While it might be on your list of things to do, do you have an ETA when it will be completed? Without being able to import, the mod is useless to me unless I upgrade.

I am aiming to resolve this for an update on Monday :)

To put things into perspective: You are the second person out of the several thousand people who have downloaded and used this mod that have run Downloads II on vB3 and attempted an import, and let us know that this is an issue.

It's also worth mentioning that the Downloads II importer is a feature of the free Lite version. We always recommend testing the Lite version before making a purchase, so that (assuming the feature isn't exclusive to the Pro version) you can make sure it works as you need it to before making any financial commitments.

That's not to be confused with saying that it's somehow your fault - it absolutely is not, but you would feel less like you've been robbed if you'd paid $0 for the mod, I'd imagine :)

In either case, I'm going to work on vBDownloads for Monday, and D2 importer for the vB3 version is on the agenda of things to be resolved. I will also be implementing 301 redirects for old Downloads II URLs (assuming you rename the vbdownloads.php file to the same as it is in the D2 mod), which will be relevant to your interests I'd imagine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back