Status
Not open for further replies.

Webbstre

Customer
Hi! So after a very long wait I decided to try the Import from DownloadsII utility again. It's literally been at least a year and a half since I last tried it. I set up my test domain as a copy of my live site so I can safely test it. However, whenever I click the "Import Utility" link in the AdminCP I just get this:

Import Utility
drwxr-xr-x 2 rgfds23 pg2238868 45 Mar 23 2013 . drwxr-xr-x 3 rgfds23 pg2238868 4096 Mar 23 2013 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 rgfds23 pg2238868 11697 Nov 15 22:43 downloadsii.php -rw-r--r-- 1 rgfds23 pg2238868 0 Nov 15 22:43 index.html
Fatal error: Class 'DBTechvBDownloads_Api_vBDownloads_Import_' not found in /home/rgfvms13/vb4test_public_html/dbtech/downloads/includes/class_import.php on line 100

The last time I tried this I think there was a file somewhere I had to set some values for before it would work, but now I cannot find anything like that (or any reference or instructions on what I should do anywhere). Moreover, I recognize the first link of the above page as referencing my old server's username (rgfds23)/group/permission, though I'm on a new server now where none of those things apply. I'm not sure if this should be reported as an error or if I just haven't found the instructions, thus the "How Do I?" label for this thread.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

You need to make sure the user your web server runs as has read permissions on the file. You should chown all files to the correct user and group.

The issue is that PHP doesn't have read permissions on the file.

Which file?

Edit: Nevermind! Figured out the problem: I hadn't copied my downloads directory over to the test directory so as to save space!

Edit 2: Nope, I copied the directory correctly and checked the permissions, but the same error page appears when I try to run the import. For some reason it is still looking for something from my previous server (judging by the username and group listed).

Last edited:
Can you not simply SSH in and use the chown command? You can read the manual for that command online or by typing man chown

I didn't ask how, I asked which file(s) need the permissions to be set. I have no idea what is being called on by the import script that could possibly be displaying those permissions.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sorry, I thought you knew since you pointed to the downloadsii.php file earlier and mentioned that it had the wrong permissions.

In either case, it's that file that needs to be readable by your current userID / group.

Found the problem. For some reason there was a .listing file in that directory. I don't know what it was or how it got there, but it held the permission info from my old server, so once I deleted it I was able to run the import script. Now to file Error/Bug Reports! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back