Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Customer
This Mod has so much potential, I just want to know if these functions exist, and how to implement them.

1)
For a vbform question how do I make the answers bold ?..........

Could you not have the same feature in the status (TEXT MARKUP) for the answers?

2)
I have worked out how the status works on the forums, it does not get asked at the time of submitting the message but it is a way of changing the status at any time at the top of the feature.

With that in mind, I have a classifieds section and when I post a submission it shows the status in the forumsdisplay forum, however a member has just posted in there and there is no status text

see this link

Members Classifieds (sell and buy)

You can see mine is a testing thread and has a nice big green FOR SALE text in front of the title
But the member that posted the:

[WTD] Swap 1000GB (1TB) 3.5" HDD for 1000GB (1TB) 2.5" Hard Drive

This should have a big green FOR SALE writing on the forumdisplay page?

But has nothing?

Regards
Mick

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
1) You can customise dbtech_dbforms_showthread_questionbit to change the answers to bold or whatever other HTML style you want :)

2) It has nothing because the user chose nothing in the drop-down. It seems like that user posted the thread during a time in which you did not have the statuses correctly set up, and as such did not get a status chosen. Please edit the form entry either using the AJAX drop-down or by clicking Edit Entry and set a status, then the markup will show :)

1) What if I do not want all the answers in bold, what about if I would like some different colours?

2) It does not show up I edited before I posted that post to make sure, and i just tried again for good measure.

it does not show up on that thread.

Cheers

Last edited:
Why do I have to manually edit their post for it to show up as wanted in the forumsdisplay when it has a default setting?

Last edited:
Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

1) You can customise dbtech_dbforms_showthread_questionbit to change the answers to bold or whatever other HTML style you want :)

Hi the only thing about this is that, what if you want to change colours of each question, it could be a nice addition to be able to adjust the text of the answers ?

Everything else is working fine now Fillip H., Thanks for all your help.

I'll rename this thread and set it as a Feature Request for HTML markup for questions / answers :)

I sign this request. It would be really nice if single Questions could get a HTML markup like bold or a different color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back