Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondy

Customer
Fillip H. -

Trust you're well mate..

I am experiencing a few significant issues with vBMail 1.1.8a4 Pro at my vB5.0.3 forum, which I hope to see resolved as soon as possible:

• Emails compiled in the editor are not sent to any of the recipients. After pressing the Send button the editor page closes with browser rerouting to Mail List automatically. No indication is given that site actually sends the email. More importantly, emails sent to myself are not received - so I just assume that the mod fails to send any emails. This didn't happen at first time when I just installed the mod; all seem to work fine then, until three instances later when things seemed to go wrong.
  • In the first instances when the mod did work the var {username} defaulted to the recipient's email address; not to her/his Forum User Name. I presume that this var should default to the latter. This may be a bug.
  • When saving a Draft of the email, I cannot find a way to send it later. Am I missing a 'Send' button that should show up when viewing the Draft?

I've PM-ed you my login details; if you could take a quick look at my backend and, if needed, the server files, I would be enormously grateful!

Thanks heaps -

Mondy

vBMail has not been tested for compatibility with vB 5.0.3. I've been working with vB developers getting back-end stuff in vB5 ready for vB 5.0.4, and I've started working on a vB 5.0.4 compatible version of vBMail simultaneously.

I suspect we'll be releasing new versions of our vB5 mods when vB 5.0.4 is released.

I can't promise when I'll have time to look into this, since it's likely to take several hours only to have to do it all again when 5.0.4 is released.

Last edited:
Somewhat disappointed but fully appreciating what you're doing and what it's for..

Was planning to throw that awesome vBMail mod in full swing next week - but I'll wait until you're ready Fillip H..

Hedging my email promotion plans meanwhile.

Looking forward to using the fruits of your labour mate...

Mondy

Hey, sorry for the delay :(

I'm attempting to debug the reported issues on your site now but I am unable to proceed due to overzealous security restrictions. Please disable the IP address restrictions on the FTP server to allow me to connect (my IP address is dynamic and can vary between at least 8 subnets that I can recall).

Fillip H. -

If I understand correctly that you're working on a 5.0.4 fix for vBMail I am happy to wait for its release. Probably simpler that way?

Of course, won't be able to use the mod yet until that day comes....

BTW: Very happy with your vBShout mod!

I've identified the issue that's causing it to skip every user when attempting to send out an email, a fix will be released on Friday alongside 5.0.4 compatibility versions for all our vB5 mods :)

At that point, 5.0.4 will become the minimum version required.

Awesome Fillip H.!

Stunning service - you guys rock!

Thanks for turning that around so fast.....

Fillip H. -

Just letting you know that I've tried to upgrade to latest version of vBMail - only to receive this message when doing so:

-----

Updating Version Number To: 1.1.8a5

Updated Table: user

Fatal error: Call to a member function getRows() on a non-object in /home/*domain*/public_html/core/packages/dbtechvbmail/install/118a5.php on line 5

----

I had a look at this file - now expecting this may be a coding error?

----
$sites = $assertor->getRows('vBForum:site');
foreach ($sites as $site)

---

Not wanting to tinker with the code before getting your response to this post, could you please advise how to address this error best?

Thanks heaps in advance again -

Mondy

Last edited:
I've applied a hotfix to /core/packages/dbtechvbmail/install/118a5.php - you can re-upload that file and it should work now :)

Fillip H. -

Brilliant work! All working fine and as expected.

Very happy and excited.

Yet - there's one 'minor' issue that seems to pop up now, which I posted in a separate thread here:

All I can say: Outstanding service and turn-around time. Thanks many times for that Fillip H. - greatly appreciated.

Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings