Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladius

Customer
I just installed this and it's not displaying proper activity information in the profile block; i.e. it's only processed activity since the mod was enabled but not past activity to display an accurate level. Clearing the cache didn't help. How do I fix this?

Actually, it seems that apart from me (admin) the other users didn't get any achievements at all. This is seriously weird...

Last edited:
Did you run the various Maintenance options in the vBAA AdminCP to recalc points and Achievements?

No, which ones should I? Didn't realize that was necessary... would I need to do that every time I added an achievement for example?

I've just ran point recalculation and in Processing: 2 it seems to have stopped after post post - is this ok or was it cut off?

Edit: seems to be, running it again said Nothing to do... but why no "Done" or "Successful" notice and redirect back?

Running achievement recalc now but that's going sloooow...

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Why am I getting "you do not have permission to access this page." at vbactivity.php?do=activity ? I'm relatively sure my permissions are set properly...

Last edited:
Yes, I am...

Also, running the maintenance seems to be fixing achievements, but it didn't fix points for most users... they're shown properly for only a few hundred users, but not the rest. Any ideas?

Not sure if there's any point in keeping the achievement recalc running as the points aren't correct... I'll need to do it again when that's fixed anyway, I assume?

Last edited:
If you have a large forum the recalc can take a long time to complete. You can make it easier on your server by reducing the users per page.

You will need to run the recalc every time you change the points settings, and recalc achieves after points recalc is done.

Thing is, I haven't changed point settings at all. And they weren't calculated properly when it installed to begin with and apparently not the second time either. So what should I do? Abort the achievement recalc and try the points recalc again? The thing is, the last time I tried to run it it said Nothing to do.

And how do I abort the achievement recalc anyway? Just Esc when it's working? I don't want it to keep going in the background...

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Well, I aborted it with Esc and tried recalculating point again but it seems to abort or time out just a few seconds after it starts. I don't get any time outs or aborts recalculating achievements at the same number of users (50) so this doesn't make much sense.

This is where it hangs every time:

Recalculating points...
Processing: 1
totalpoints
activitylevel
albumpictures
attachments
attachmentviews
thread
threadrating
threadratingreceived
vmgiven
vmreceived
pollposted
pollvote
friend
givenrep
gottenrep
infractiongiven
infractionreceived
referral
sgmessage
sgdiscussion
calendarevent
dayregistered
lastvisit
lastpost
blogpost
blogcomment
shout
mentionsgiven
mentionsreceived
tagsgiven
tagsreceived
ttbattledraw
ttbattlewon
ttbattlelost
tttournywon
tttrade
profilecomplete
contestswon
contestprize
Done
Processing: 2
totalpoints
activitylevel
albumpictures
attachments
attachmentviews
Processing: 2
totalpoints
activitylevel
albumpictures
attachments
attachmentviews
---

Seems like it's trying to process the same user twice?

Last edited:
It doesnt attempt to recalculate when it first installs :)

What that means is that userid 2 has a lot of posts which is taking a long time to complete, it's normal :)

Well it hanging on it isn't normal I assume? It stops dead at the point that I posted above... nothing happens after that. The browser processing indicator stops and the page doesn't reload. It just... stops. I've tried running it 4 or 5 times now - same deal every time.

That can happen if the user in question has "too many" posts. How many posts does userid 2 have? Theres unfortunately nothing I can really do about this, you may need to increase PHP's max execution time via php.ini.

The user has about 20k posts... is that considered to be "too many"? Anyway, I'll raise the limit and see what happens.

Actually, do you have a CLI script for the maintenance functions? For big boards this shouldn't really be done via www.

Last edited:
All PHP scripts can be ran via CLI I believe, though don't quote me on that. In either case it's not something we've actively developed or support at this time.

Given how-resource intensive all these maintenance functions are I'm somewhat amazed that nobody else with a big board has asked for it yet - or that this isn't something that'd be a priority with a mod like this where every change in points or other settings requires a rebuild which takes a day or more on big boards. I mean, seriously? All I'm asking is for scripts with a few lines for all the maintenance functions to be run via cli; Jelsoft has provided this for their rebuilds a long time ago. Obviously I can't run the same full script which requires a GUI via ssh. The whole point of cli maintenance is to be much faster than that which is done via a GUI over www.

Or maybe you don't consider rebuilds taking 24+ hours a performance problem for big boards?

I'm also more than a little annoyed that there's no word in the manual that you need to run the points and achievements rebuild right after install for the mod to even work. Nor is there any mention of the potential issues with it like the ones that I'm having. Or am I missing something?

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

I raised all the php.ini limits to 6000 and gave it a 160M memory limit and what happens is identical as before; it stops dead at the same point. It's safe to say that that's not the problem here.

Any other ideas?

Then I'm out of ideas, sorry :(
Could you please re-post a CLI script as a new feature request to ensure it gets looked at for the next update?

None of our other big board users of VBAA has had these issues =/

If there is, then it's beyond my knowledge at the moment :(

I made it so that the line it spits out last (in your case, Processing: posts) tells what area it's working on, that's about as far as debugging is possible.

I actually figured out the problem; more than one php.ini and timout setting. So what I set initially didn't actually have any effect. Doh. It's plodding on now so it looks good, just SLOW.

Yea, I'll repost about the cli, this is badly needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings