DBSEO Performance vs VBSEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftor

Customer
Hi, I've been running VBSEO for a while, and I was curious if there were any significant performance benefits that would be gained by upgrading to DBSEO? VBSEO has always slowed down our page loads a lot - regardless of the specs of our dedicated server.

When I tested it locally, I found that the forum home page (forum.php) loaded approx. 33% faster with DBSEO compared to vBSEO.

This is not a test that I've repeated on this forum (we no longer have vBSEO installed), nor have anyone who switched reported any differences one way or the other - that's why we haven't made any hard claims regarding performance benefits of upgrading.

It really is a Your Mileage May Vary kind of situation, if I'm honest. What I will say is that we'll be taking further steps to improve the performance of DBSEO in future versions, by utilising the Datastore Caching functionality further on common operations.

I'm tempted to buy it for a large based forum but performance is always a concern, I am willing to test it for a week if you want and report back my findings vs vbseo, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.