Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk Voclain

Customer
I only want certain groups to be able to buy banners.

So....I set in the usergroup area:

Is Banned Group
If yes, this usergroup cannot use the Forum Ads.

I set it to YES.....but when I log in and try and use it......first I can still see it.....second....it works?????

Should I still be able to see it...and should I still be able to use it????

LET ME KNOW????

Kirk

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Please clarify.

I have REGISTERED "Usergroup" users that cannot do anything.....you have to PAY to get on my site.

I have PAID "Usergroup" users who pay for access.

I also have SELLING "Usergroup" users that pay to sell on my site.

I only want those in the SELLING "Usergroup" to be able to use "FORUM ADS"....so I entered from the ADMIN CP into the USERGROUP named: REGISERED and PAID and I went all the way to the bottom and there is a heading named:

DragonByte Tech: Forum Ads - General Permissions

Under that one of the options is:

Is Banned Group

And the description says:

So I set it to YES....but when I log in as a USER of that GROUP (I have a dummy account for testing)....I can still use and SEE Forum Ads.

Does that clear it up????

LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO????

Kirk Voclain

I have REGISTERED "Usergroup" users that cannot do anything.....you have to PAY to get on my site.

I have PAID "Usergroup" users who pay for access.

I also have SELLING "Usergroup" users that pay to sell on my site.

I only want those in the SELLING "Usergroup" to be able to use "FORUM ADS"....so I entered from the ADMIN CP into the USERGROUP named: REGISERED and PAID and I went all the way to the bottom and there is a heading named:

DragonByte Tech: Forum Ads - General Permissions

Under that one of the options is:

Is Banned Group

And the description says:

So I set it to YES....but when I log in as a USER of that GROUP (I have a dummy account for testing)....I can still use and SEE Forum Ads.

Does that clear it up????
Try re-downloading and re-uploading /forumads.php - that should fix it :)

LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO????
I always will, you don't have to ask me for it ;)

Try re-downloading and re-uploading /forumads.php - that should fix it :)

I always will, you don't have to ask me for it ;)

I'm sorry...my wife says I TYPE MAD!!!! :D

I'm not....I just can't seem to get myself to stop hitting the ...... periods ....... and for some reason my fingers just go to the ALL CAPS!!! :D :D

Ok...on to more serious stuff.......

I did as you said and you are correct....it works.....sorta.....let me explain what I'm doing and you tell me what I'm doing wrong.....

I sell "Selling Memberships". First you have to pay for a regular membership and when you do you are changed from the Primary usergroup "REGISTERED" to the Primary usergroup "PAID"....and you are allowed to see behind the curtain.

If you want to SELL on my site, you have to then buy a selling membership that allows you to only post "FOR SALE" items inside of a specific forum. So, when you buy a selling membership, it lasts for only 30 days and a CHECK is added to the Additional Usergroups section as "Selling".

That Additional Usergroup "SELLING" is set to allow you POST NEW THREADS in this special section. All Paid Users can see in that forum, but only "SELLING" Members can post new threads.

OK...so I set all groups except for ADMIN and SELLING to " IS BANNED GROUP" for Forum Ads.

I assumed that this would allow those with the check in Additional Usergroups "Selling" to then be able to see when they click "FORUM ADS"....but it does not. It still comes up as YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION to access this area.

Is there something I can do on my end? Or is this something that you need to do on your end.

Thank you for your support....I really appreciate it.

Yours,

Kirk

Did you try re-uploading the file as described in my previous post?

YES...I did....

I'll outline what I did....I went to the customer area and noticed the version number had changed...so I downloaded the latest version...followed the instructions on upgrading and as such the version number changed in my Plugin/Product area.

I then tested it...and it did work...preventing access from anyone who was in a banned group. But if the banned group is the PRIMARY USERGROUP...and the unbanned group is the secondary user group it sill does not work. I was hoping that as a secondary usergroup that was not banned it would then allow them to have access.

Your thoughts?

Kirk

That is intended functionality.

In vBulletin, a Yes overrides a No. In other words, if one usergroup has Is Banned to Yes it will overwrite all other usergroups that has Is Banned to No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Ads

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back