Status
Not open for further replies.

fholbert

Customer
New install, paid DragonByte to do a professional install.

From Admin account basic file upload works fine. However if i click on Is ScreenShot or Is Thumbnail the file fails to upload when Save is clicked and I don't get a screenshot or a thumbnail.

What's the fix?

A PDF file is not an image. Please use an image file as a screenshot / thumbnail.

This is not a bug, it's working as intended.

Anytime one of my users uploads a non-image file and checks that box the upload will fail?

I don't allow image files in the vBDownloads area. Can't the box go away?

Is there a place I can remove some code and get rid of the Is ScreenShot and Is Thumbnail check boxes?

I don't write code so please be very clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime one of my users uploads a non-image file and checks that box the upload will fail?
No. If your users try to make a non-image file behave like an image file, the feature they elected to use (screenshot or thumbnail) will not work.

I don't allow image files in the vBDownloads area. Can't the box go away?
Edit dbtech_downloads_modify and remove
Code:
			<label>{vb:rawphrase dbtech_downloads_is_screenshot}:
			<input type="hidden" name="filelist[{%=file.fileid%}][screenshot]" value="0" />
			<input type="checkbox" name="filelist[{%=file.fileid%}][screenshot]" value="1"{%=file.screenshot_checked%} /></label>
			<label>{vb:rawphrase dbtech_downloads_is_thumbnail}:
			<input type="hidden" name="filelist[{%=file.fileid%}][thumbnail]" value="0" />
			<input type="checkbox" name="filelist[{%=file.fileid%}][thumbnail]" value="1"{%=file.thumbnail_checked%} /></label>

That number is the number of times a file has been downloaded, not the number of files attached to the download.

That number is the number of times a file has been downloaded, not the number of files attached to the download.

My error but you can clearly see in the screen shot the file is missing.

Is it possible to get rid of the two check boxes and still have a successful upload of the file?

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back