Bug xcache implementation gone awry - how to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdougher

Customer
My host installed xcache on my dedicated server, and I then told vboptimise to use xcache using admincp.

After that, the forum blew up, throwing these errors:

Warning: xcache_get() [function.xcache-get]: XCache var cache was not initialized properly. Check php log for actual reason in [path]/dbtech/vboptimise/includes/operators/xcache.php on line 23

Warning: xcache_set() [function.xcache-set]: XCache var cache was not initialized properly. Check php log for actual reason in [path]/dbtech/vboptimise/includes/operators/xcache.php on line 40

Warning: xcache_get() [function.xcache-get]: XCache var cache was not initialized properly. Check php log for actual reason in [path]/dbtech/vboptimise/includes/operators/xcache.php on line 23

In order to get rid of this, I had to disable all plugins, disable vboptimise, and then re-enable plugins. I could not get rid of this simply by setting vboptimise back to apc.

Now vboptise is off.

Questions:

1. Why did this happen?

2. How can I make vboptimise use APC again? I can't do this via admincp.

Thanks.

This means the XCache part of php.ini isn't set up correctly. I've attached the test scripts you can show your host to prove it's not an issue in vBO.

You'll need to reinstall APC.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating