Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_Angelo

Customer
Ok here a suggestion that i thought might be cool for this mod, a user voting beauty/fashion contest, Admins could set up events to run in either a designated forum (where a thread would be created to vote) or have a tab within vBavatars for viewing competitions and voting.

Admins can create a new Event/Catagory and set title, description of contest/rules, entry fees, closing date for entries and items/cash won for coming 1st,2nd and 3rd and runner-up (4th), days allowed till voting ends.

Once closing date for entries occurs people who enter will be shown on a poll/voting page where their name and avatar they entered with is shown (when a user enters the contest the avatar is saved as a PNG/GIF to the server to prevent changing outfits during the contest).

Once voting is over the winners take their prizes and maybe have a hall of fame where winners are posted there with their winning avatar that people can see past winners and dates.

This feature could also be intergrated with vbactivity by allowing users to win achievements for winning contests or awards or something.

maybe you guys might think of something to expand on this idea if you think it lacks something, or maybe it might give you some ideas to add with what ya have planned :)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's unlikely to be added as it's a bit niche - plus the fact that vBNominate can be used to nominate avatars to such contests already :)

i see but what about those who don't like vbnominate or would prefer something like this as part of their package? its only really niche to this product. maybe its something you could get customer feedback about and see how many people would want it included, i'm sure a fair few would like something like this to add more user interaction.

i see but what about those who don't like vbnominate or would prefer something like this as part of their package? its only really niche to this product. maybe its something you could get customer feedback about and see how many people would want it included, i'm sure a fair few would like something like this to add more user interaction.

We try to avoid reproducing functionality where possible - in this instance nominating/awards isn't part of the core remit of vBAvatars, there are already mods out there for awards etc that can integrate with avatars.

We try to avoid reproducing functionality where possible - in this instance nominating/awards isn't part of the core remit of vBAvatars, there are already mods out there for awards etc that can integrate with avatars.

I do plan on using my vBactivity for awards, i suggested this as i don't really have a use for vBnominate other than for the spotlight thing, and yes i understand that vbnominate can intergrate with avatars but the feature itself would be completely different, i'm not a big fan of vbnominate as to me its kinda intruding on everything in the forums since you can nominate a lot of stuff, plus i can't justify myself paying the extra money for a new product of which i'm only going to be using one feature from it (hence why sometimes re-producing things isn't always a bad idea), this feature i suggested would be more for interaction with the product and make it more of a game type product than just a fancy avatar customiser, which would give it another purpose. but i don't know what you guys plan on doing with it so i'm just thinking of things i'd know people might be interested in using/having.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.