Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Technologies

Company Information
Staff member
Company Info
First thread giving you guys some info here =)

So, whats so special about these monsters?

Simple:Customisation.

We've created a system where the monsters will all be incredibly unique, all of the body parts are designed individually, and each species will have a minimum of 5 heads, left arms, right arms and legs which will be interchangable.

In total at the moment we expect to launch with over 3000 possible combinations, with a pack supplying about 2000 more as an optional extra.

Not only this, but we've created a system which will automatically colour the body parts, what this means is that when you include different colour combinations, there will be approx 16,000,000,000 (16 billion) variations.

I'm going to give you guys a sneak peek of some of these just now, these are pre-coloured "boss" monsters, so they will looks slightly better than the monsters players get to use.

These were all created using individual body parts which will be available in the final game =)

Credit goes to @RedKnight91: for the artwork. Concept for look of the parts/monsters was Myself and Michael (Redknight)

BossMonsters.png

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I was thinking I would want to do all the slavework in PS to make my own custom version of the creatures one this comes out. You know, to pimps and ho's which is something I'm comfortable with lol.. But after seeing these pics I do believe I'll be rocking it straight out of the box and having a blast doing it. Any game where I can be a "one eyed monster" lol just spills all over the nest with WIN to me :)

At first I was thinking I would want to do all the slavework in PS to make my own custom version of the creatures one this comes out. You know, to pimps and ho's which is something I'm comfortable with lol.. But after seeing these pics I do believe I'll be rocking it straight out of the box and having a blast doing it. Any game where I can be a "one eyed monster" lol just spills all over the nest with WIN to me :)

xD

I'll try to put an especially long one eyed monster with two spherical legs in the add on pack just for you =D

Update;

So before we were aiming for 3125 combinations included in the game, with another 2000 or so sold as extras.

Our new aim is 20,000 with the game, and the expansion pack bringing in another 100,000 combnations - these are all image combinations, NOT colour combinations. with colour combinations the number is more like... 64,000,000,000+ combinations if my calculations are correct assuming we use 14 colours =P - thats 64 billion. with a B.

We're pretty comfindent that we can make this target, and equally confident that it'll make the game the most customisable monster creation game ever made on the web, nevermind for a forum =)

This isn't a steadfast promise, but i wanted to keep you guys up to date on the progress, and just now, thats what we're working on ^.^

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.