Question Show active users in navbar or footer of forumhome

Status
Not open for further replies.

braindg

Hi,

Is there a plugin around which would allow me to show a number of people using vbshout on a none vbshout page? - I'm testing vbshout on test site and want the ability to show on other pages, maybe in navbar or header and show a link with the total active users, for example vbshout (3), maybe stretching this to a variable if 0 show "start chatting today" and if not 0 show "join chat (3)" with the bracket number showing the total active users.

This is something i had set up for flashchat (now graveyard) and it found it useful to encourage people to get chatting.

Thanks
B

Thanks for responding, Just went through all the Tables in DB for vbshout, looking to see whether active users is logged there, appears not :( - Can you think of anything that would allow for this to happen?

Maybe query vbshout_shout table, for shouts in last minute, counting unique userid's?

That's how active users are currently counted, it'd murder performance on a large board, which is why I'll come up with another solution before that can be implemented :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings