Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also try the following steps:
To put vBShout in a custom location, do the following:

Step 1: AdminCP -> DBTech - vBShout-> Instance Management -> [Edit].

Step 2: Change the Auto-Display Shoutbox setting to Disabled.

Step 3: Write down the the Varname setting. For the default shoutbox, it's instance1. The rest of this guide will assume you replace instance1 with the actual Varname if it is different.

Step 4: Enter the Style Manager and add either {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1} (vB4) or {$show[vbshout_instance1]} (vB3) to the templates you wish the shoutbox to appear in.

Follow these steps as described and you will have total control over the position of the Shoutbox.
Please note that some locations may not work as intended on vBulletin 3.8, and also note that it is not designed to go in the Forum Blocks side-bar (vBulletin 4).

Hope that helps :)

Not at all. I've tried with the auto and the manual template edits. I'd really like to get this working as I use a lot of the mods from this site and want them all to integrate into the shoutbox...I'll probably purchase the pro version if I can get it to work :)

I have followed all the steps in this thread. Downloaded. import/overwritten no default Vbshout???? I used a demo 4.1.4 it came up no problem? Are u sure there is no conflict in 4.1.5. I used vschat but that is dead now after the upgrade to 4.1.5. I want this bad on my site. I just dont want to pay for the pro version until I am sure it works. Token of respect for developers u gotta eat some how :)

weird I can see it as a registerd user now but no admin or moderator although they have the permissions set in instances.

[Today 05:57] SYSTEM: Congratulations on your installation of DragonByte Tech: vBShout! We have taken the liberty of setting some default options for you, but you should enter the AdminCP and familiarise yourself with the various settings. Use the /prune command to get rid of this message, or double-click it and click the Delete button. Enjoy your new Shoutbox!

Now how do I get admin + moderators to see the shoutbox??

There's no other permission checking other than the instance management permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back