Status
Not open for further replies.

kcwayland

Customer
When reccomending quizes to friends on the forum it double-ups the link for some reason:

"I thought you might be interested in taking this quiz:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/vbquiz.php?do=quiz&id=2"

I thought it might be a problem with the varname. but this is what I found.

Product
Varname $vbphrase[dbtech_vbquiz_pm_invite_message]
Text I thought you might be interested in taking this quiz:
{1}

SO, how might I go about fixing this little bug?

I'm really sorry about that, it's weird. I was wondering how I missed this thread and then after I read it, I know I replied to it before, not sure why it didn't go through.
I don't see a double link there in the post you made? Does it look different in the pm or something? If it does, maybe take a screenshot and post it so I can see what it's like.

I'm really sorry about that, it's weird. I was wondering how I missed this thread and then after I read it, I know I replied to it before, not sure why it didn't go through.
I don't see a double link there in the post you made? Does it look different in the pm or something? If it does, maybe take a screenshot and post it so I can see what it's like.
quiz1.jpg

Here it is. Thanks for your help. This is in the "Invite forum friend" option, and as you can see it doubles up the link for some reason.

Ah thanks, I found the problem. I'll update it for the next release. If you want to manually fix it for now

Open dbtech/vbquiz/actions/invite_friends.php

Find
PHP:
$default_pm_message = construct_phrase($vbphrase['dbtech_vbquiz_pm_invite_message'], $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/' . get_quiz_link($id));
Replace with
PHP:
$default_pm_message = construct_phrase($vbphrase['dbtech_vbquiz_pm_invite_message'], get_quiz_link($id));

Ah thanks, I found the problem. I'll update it for the next release. If you want to manually fix it for now

Open dbtech/vbquiz/actions/invite_friends.php

Find
PHP:
$default_pm_message = construct_phrase($vbphrase['dbtech_vbquiz_pm_invite_message'], $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/' . get_quiz_link($id));
Replace with
PHP:
$default_pm_message = construct_phrase($vbphrase['dbtech_vbquiz_pm_invite_message'], get_quiz_link($id));

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBQuiz

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings