Status
Not open for further replies.

neounix

Customer
Hi!

Sorry to be posting so many bug reports!

I have tried just about every setting and cannot get "Previous Thread" and "Next Thread" to work.

"Previous Thread" gives a "This webpage has a redirect loop" error.

"Next Thread" also gives a "This webpage has a redirect loop" ....

Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 6.14.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-12-12 at 6.13.49 AM.png

Pretty quick fix for that one, on my test board I have it configured to use absolute links to the next / previous threads.

I forget the actual setting name, but there's a setting (at least in vB4) that you can turn on to force next/prev links to be actual links to threads rather than "possible" links.

Hotfixed on your site and in release :)

Thanks. It's still not working on our site.

When. Both the prev and next thread URLs are written to point to the same thread as the thread that is being viewed. and when we click it goes back to the home page.

I've tried numerous different setting in the CP.

Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 9.11.43 PM.png

Can you please provide a link to a page that's affected by this issue? I was unable to replicate it when I tested it on your site after fixing it.

It's not working on any thread in our forum. Every thread, the previous and next URLs do not work.

... and from the apache2 error log file. when we click on these links:

[Thu Dec 12 08:40:26 2013] [error] [client 58.137.213.180] PHP Warning: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /website/www/dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php on line 2150, referer: Authentication required!
[Thu Dec 12 08:40:26 2013] [error] [client 58.137.213.180] Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching request: /website/www/index.html (None could be negotiated)., referer: Authentication required!

Could you please re-send the .htaccess information - apparently, it didn't save correctly in my browser and for security reasons I deleted the PMs with access details earlier.

Would it be possible to grant my user read access to that log file?

As your forum currently hides PHP errors, and I don't have access to override this behaviour via config.php, it makes it extremely difficult to figure out the circumstances of the errors if I don't have any way of seeing them happen.

Code:
tail: cannot open `/var/log/apache2/unix.error.log' for reading: Permission denied

Sorry, had to change the directory perms. It working now:

blah:/var/log# su dbtech
dbtech@blah:/var/log$ cd apache2
dbtech@blah:/var/log/apache2$ tail -f unix.error.log
(working OK)

dbtech@blah:/var/log/apache2$

Thanks.

But that means it still does not work.. it is not fixed and everytime we click on a previous or next link, the forum dies.

Maybe it is best, in the meantime, to simply add an option to disable this URL rewriting, since it is not that important to us to have this rewritten?

Then, when you get if fixed, we can turn it back on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back