[20:36] [PM to craftycarper]
The_Don
: I just sent you a forum PM: test

the pm link number is wrong to the actual forum pm itself

it shows as lets say 244 but the actual pm number is lets say 386

how can this be fixed many thanks

john and dave

hi there,

i have just tried this again by being logged in on my normal account and my test account and then sent a forum pm to my test account
[08:04] [PM to itcher]
The_Don
: I just sent you a forum PM: 123

and when i click the link on the itcher account from the shoutbox this is the error i get

Invalid Private Message specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

in the shoutbox the link was to here
...../private.php?do=showpm&pmid=252

but the actual link should be here

...../private.php?do=showpm&pmid=399

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been unable to replicate this on any Pro install I have access to. The PM ID is correct for the recipient user at all times.

Last edited:
hi, if you come onto our site you will see this error in action.

nobody can see forum pms from the link added into the chatbox

if you need login info i can pm you the login info for both an admin or a normal user.

thanks in advance

dave and john

Yeah, do PM me that info and I'll look into it :)

Also if you could include FTP info in that, I should be able to look into it :)

The problem is caused by an unresolveable conflict with Product : Private Messages and Email Log.

You have to choose between vBShout PM notifications and the functionality that mod provides, unfortunately there's simply no way to use both in conjunction.

so where do i alter these settings,

can you explaine it more simple

thanks

What he means is that you need to choose between each mods functionality and which one you'd rather have.

Once you figure that out, go into whichever mod lost that battle and disable the functionality there. So, for vBShout, in your AdminCP -> DB-Tech vbShout -> Instance Management -> Edit, Set "Enable PM Notifications" to No, click Save.

If it was the other mod that lost, then you'll need to ask that mod author how to disable whatever PM notifications, or dig around the mod settings yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.