Status
Not open for further replies.

northstar

Customer
Hello,

we have on our Testboard with a fresh Install of vB 4.2.1 follow Issue.

- Words of the Content are twice into the Keywords and the Keyword List is very long.
- After a non-Latin character is the description sliced and Special Chars as a Quote,... are not be parsed.

Thx for Help!

Can you help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please provide more information. Is this when viewing a post, viewing tags, viewing a member profile, viewing a forum, viewing a thread or viewing a blog? I can't help without knowing how to reproduce this.

Also, non-latin characters will not be included if the setting to filter non-latin characters is enabled.

It is in Showthread!

Here are Screenshots:

showthread.php:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6kylhcu1u1mb4b/thread.png

HTML-Code:
Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="Sammelthread,aktuelle,Lidl,Aldi,Angebote,Hinweise,Fragen,Diskussionen,immer, angebote, interessante, wirklich, lidl/aldi, massagegeräte, eröffnen, aktuelle, heisst, etwas, gemacht, schlau, einigermaßen, interessant, shiatsu-massagekissen, http://www.lidl.de80/cps/rde/xchg/sid-19a94fcb-7f3eb9ea/lidl_de/hs.xsl/index_22226.htm, shiatsu-sitzauflage, 05.01.2011, anfang, http://www.lidl.de80/cps/rde/xchg/sid-ec5e996a-e0f7013b/lidl_de/hs.xsl/index_22230.htm, finde, allem, shiatsu, sollen, amazon, produkte, ziemlich, http://www.amazon.de/beurer-644-04-mg-145-shiatsu-massage-kissen/dp/b003zdsqxc/ref=sr_1_3?ie=utf8&qid=1293996647&sr=8-3, jetzt, sache, sicherlich, einfachen, informieren, diskutieren, meinung, meiner, kissen, produkten, ähnlichen, äussert, sitzauflage, http://www.amazon.de/beurer-649-15-shiatsu-sitzauflage-mg190/dp/b0013f770w/ref=sr_1_2?ie=utf8&qid=1293996706&sr=8-2, schlecht, bewertet, nicht, teurer, reingeschaut, deutlich, bewertungen, begehrt" />
	<meta name="description" content="Ich m" />

DBSEO CP Settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4k49wlyv5kwfigp/dbseocp.png

I will look into this issue further and post back when I have a solution available :)

Just to confirm: Is your language character set ISO-8851-9?

Our Language Character Set is ISO-8859-1.

This Issue is a big problem for the SEO Functionality regard to the Indexation in Google.

Update: While I can confirm the issue with keyword length, I am unable to replicate any issues with the ö umlaut. Please provide me with an FTP and AdminCP account for the affected site so that I can debug it :)

Sorry but FTP is not allowed on our Server, we works only with SFTP.

Is only a AdminCP Account on our Testforum ok for you?

I found a new Bug for the Keywords!

The StopWords will parsed after the generation of the Keywords.

Look here without the Word "immer" on our StopWords List:

Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="immer, angebote, interessante, wirklich, lidl/aldi" />

And look here with the Word "immer" on our StopWords List:

Code:
<meta name="keywords" content=", angebote, interessante, wirklich, lidl/aldi" />

This ist the Post Content:

Code:
Ich möchte hier mal ein ganz besonderen Thread eröffnen, in dem man sich immer über neue, aktuelle Angebote der zwei großen Ketten auslassen kann.

Oft werden recht interessante Dinge angeboten, ob eine hochfunktionelle Kleidung wie z.B. eine Softshell Skihose fürn 20er (echt sau gut ), Massagegeräte oder was auch immer. 

Mir ist es schon öfter vorgekommen, das ich dann im Internet nachgeforscht habe, ob ein neues Angebot was taugt und mir ist dabei aufgefallen das Lidl/Aldi Aktionsware teils wirklich begehrt ist und selbst in Fachforen anklang findet.

Aber besser wie ewig googeln oder hier immer wieder neue Threads zu eröffnen sollte man das hier vielleicht sammeln.

We have installed the new Version 1.0.12!

I've uploaded a hotfix to /dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php that should take care of the keywords issue.

SFTP works the same way as FTP for this purpose, my client supports SFTP as well as regular FTP.

I've uploaded a hotfix to /dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_core.php that should take care of the keywords issue.

SFTP works the same way as FTP for this purpose, my client supports SFTP as well as regular FTP.

Sorry but whe dont allow Server Access to other People's!

I send you the AdminCP Access via PM!

Last edited:
The Keywords dosn't sort according to the Priority of the Keyword Management Options!

A high Priority Keyword is only on the second Position into the Keywords and the first Keyword have no Priority!

Sorry but whe dont allow Server Access to other People's!
In that case I will be unable to assist you with this issue. If someone else reports the same problem and they are willing to assist me in fixing it, you will be able to update to that version.

The Keywords dosn't sort according to the Priority of the Keyword Management Options!

A high Priority Keyword is only on the second Position into the Keywords and the first Keyword have no Priority!
The keywords you define in the AdminCP are actually not related to the Meta Keywords in the current version. It's currently only used for the Content-Aware Titles feature.

I will make the change for the next version so that the keywords are sorted according to the priority specified in the AdminCP.

In that case I will be unable to assist you with this issue. If someone else reports the same problem and they are willing to assist me in fixing it, you will be able to update to that version.

We bought a finished product and not the beta version, so please I ask you to fix the error.

For what you need SFTP Access? You can see all things into the HTML Sourcecode.

For Modifications into the Sourcecode you can post it in our Testboard and i make the changes. Is this ok for you?

We bought a finished product and not the beta version, so please I ask you to fix the error.
If you know what the word Beta means in terms of software development, you also know that there is no such thing as a bug-free piece of software.

The following is a quote from our Terms of Service:
The customer acknowledges that the Software may not be free of bugs or errors, and agrees that the existence of errors shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
You gave us express notice that you had read & understood this page in full, before you were able to submit your payment. There was a direct link to this page next to the box you had to check in order to submit your payment.

For Modifications into the Sourcecode you can post it in our Testboard and i make the changes. Is this ok for you?
You are reporting a problem that I cannot reproduce, nor can seemingly any of the several hundred other users. You are asking me to fix a conflict with your specific server configuration without giving me access to the files so that I can test any changes that I make.

I will need to perform dozens, maybe hundreds of small changes to the files in order to diagnose where the problem is, and see if there's a way I can fix it without also breaking it for all other users. Surely you can understand how it is entirely unacceptable for me to request you perform hundreds of file modifications, even if you somehow were able to make them within the same second I request them.

If you are unwilling to allow me to assist you with this problem in a manner that will work without significant logistical problems, then I will be unable to assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back