• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subaruclub

Customer
Hi,

Everything is working properly with this Mod with the exception of the links on the home page within the User Notification pulldown

They are going to www.sitename.com/usertags.php

They should be going to www.sitename.com/forums/usertags.php

(The forum is installed in the /forums directory)

Once you go into the forums the link in the User Notifications pull down is correct since that becomes the root.

I tried adding usertags.php to the vBadvanced Global Options under Header and Navbar replacements but that didn't work.

What else can I do?

D.

I believe this is a result of a bug in vBAdvanced. You can confirm this by receiving a new friend request, and attempting to view this notification from your vBAdvanced homepage.

For this test, please disable vBSEO completely first (disable the product, and also disable the .htaccess rewrites), as vBSEO may correct default vBulletin URLs like the friends request.

Please let me know the result of your test.

If I didn't want to do that at this time (I don't want to mess with people using the forums right now)

Could I hard code the URL into the code so it forces the link to go to the right place?

D.

You could open /dbtech/usertag/hooks/notifications_list.php and change
PHP:
'link'   => 'usertag.php?'
to
PHP:
'link'   => $vbulletin->options['bburl'] . '/usertag.php?'

Although this may introduce unexpected behaviour, I believe at one point we used to include the BBURL but it had to be removed due to reports of broken URLs in other areas.

I would strongly recommend finding out whether it is indeed vBAdvanced that's broken before taking such measures, as it will undoubtedly interfere with other mods or stock vB URLs if that turns out to be the case.

I was able to correct the issue by hard coding the URL in the various templates.

The only one I wasn't able to find is the links for the Notifications Pulldown.

Would you know where this is located?

OR. Is there a way to remove Mentions and Post Quotes in the Notifications Pulldown?

D.

You will not be able to fix those URLs without editing files. If you're saying ALL URLs in the notification pulldown is incorrect then this confirms the bug is with vBAdvanced and I would strongly urge you to report this to the author so that they can provide you with a fix.

I explained in my previous post how to work around this vBAdvanced issue for AUT.

You will not be able to fix those URLs without editing files. If you're saying ALL URLs in the notification pulldown is incorrect then this confirms the bug is with vBAdvanced and I would strongly urge you to report this to the author so that they can provide you with a fix.

I explained in my previous post how to work around this vBAdvanced issue for AUT.

Just the tagging URLS are incorrect... all others work fine.

I will try your suggestion and see what happens.

D.

Am I changing:

/dbtech/usertag/hooks/notifications_list.php

or

/dbtech/usertag_pro/hooks/notifications_list.php

or both?

D.

Disregard previous... I see it is only in the one place.

D.

It's almost working with your suggested change.

However...

Now I am getting:

site.com/forumsusertag.php

How do I get the trailing "/" to be inserted?

D.

sorry... disregard. I see my mistake.

(It's been a long day)

D.

It is working perfectly for me now.

Thanks for all the assistance!

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x