Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieDelta

Customer
I run ads from an affiliate program which the banner images are linked to an outside server and these links are not recognized by forum ads as a valid file. Is there a workaround for this?
Here is an example of one of the links =
Code:
http://www.lduhtrp.net/image-6012135-11022903

That URL redirects to another domain / URL entirely, which is why it doesn't work.

That's a limitation of HTML, I believe.

I have been using that link that I posted above in the stock vb ads manager for well over a year now with no problems. I don't understand why it will not work with forumads.

The difference is that Forum Ads stores its ads locally. You currently cannot reference an image remotely.

This is to avoid malicious advertisers changing their code remotely after you've vetted the ad, installing malware on a user's computer without their knowledge by exploiting either their browser or a 3rd party plugin like Java.

Forum Ads uses native vBulletin upload handling code, which currently does not have the capability to follow redirected URLs like the link you posted above. Therefore, when someone attempts to upload their banner using that URL, vBulletin does not see an image.

Thanks for clarifying. It makes complete sense now.

Would it be possible to allow an administrator to manually add such an ad? If so I will post a feature request for future consideration. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Forum Ads

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back