Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue was you did not have the permissions set right, in order to require thanks/likes to see hidden content the usergroup must have the Can Require Click box ticked in Button Management.

Correct :)

Without those settings, users are not allowed to require people to click buttons (can require click), and unable to click buttons (can click).

so when thanks is clicked it will then show [hide]fdjgdjhgdgd[/hide]

In the future are there any plans for it showing

"the content is now unhidden" or something similiar ?

About clicking the require thanks to see content,is there anyway to apply that settings to all posts?

so when thanks is clicked it will then show [hide]fdjgdjhgdgd[/hide]

In the future are there any plans for it showing

"the content is now unhidden" or something similiar ?
No, there's no plans to change the text displayed when it's unhidden.

About clicking the require thanks to see content,is there anyway to apply that settings to all posts?
It will be automatically applied if the user posting it has the aforementioned permissions :)

No, there's no plans to change the text displayed when it's unhidden.
Anyway i can do something on my end so it does something like that?
It will be automatically applied if the user posting it has the aforementioned permissions :)

Im sorry,maybe I didnt give you enough information.How would i apply this to users prior posts without editing each individual one?

Let me know exactly what you want to do (i.e. what button should be required for what) and I'll craft you a query to do it.

Examples:
- "I want to make all posts require Thanks to see content"
- "I want to make all posts require Thanks to see content and Like to see attachments"

etc :)

Also let me know if you use a table prefix for your forum (you can find that in config.php).

Let me know exactly what you want to do (i.e. what button should be required for what) and I'll craft you a query to do it.

Examples:
- "I want to make all posts require Thanks to see content"
- "I want to make all posts require Thanks to see content and Like to see attachments"

etc :)

Also let me know if you use a table prefix for your forum (you can find that in config.php).

No table prefix

"I want to make all posts require Thanks to see content"

Code:
UPDATE post SET dbtech_thanks_requiredbuttons_content = '1'

This can be run via the Execute SQL Query function in the vB ACP or via phpMyAdmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings