Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcade King

Customer
Just bought this and 2 other mods today and have to say great additions.

I think most people would rather disable the old ratings system, there isnt any point having 2 so would it be possible to have a import and disable feature inbuilt into this? Surly this wouldnt be too hard to implement (the disabling of the old VB one anyway)
Cheers
Travis

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Import as in importing the old ratings from the vB rating system? I'll look into it. I know there was a thread on how to manually tweak it to turn off the old ratings. I'll see if I can incorporate it into the code without having to add manual edits.

Yeah I saw the SQL Query and already performed that which was good however I think it would be a good idea to have a global disable inbuilt into your system :)
If you could find a way to import the old stock VB ratings into the new system that would be awesome! I find people won't use it unless its right in front of them which is why this mod works so well.

I'll find some time the next couple days to look at the vB ratings and see what it would take to import them. If I don't reply by Monday post here again and remind me to check it :)

That is set for each individual forum:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Allow Thread Ratings in this Forum

Or you can disable that for all forums by running this query (backup first):

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

Code:
UPDATE forum
SET options = options - 2048
WHERE options & 2048

After which you will need to rebuild your forum information:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Forum Information

To undo the changes should the need arise:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query

Code:
UPDATE