Question Edit own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

moviekase

Customer
how do i make sure ..when edit user's own post doesnt cost them anything

i've set up "Thread" as cost $1 to post ..but when i go edit still cost $1. i would like to allow user to edit for free since they've already pay $1 to post already?

This is working as intended. If you check the "Negation" amount for the thread event, this should be set to the same amount as the Award amount, so they cancel each other out.

Please help: so for the Threads Event
1. Thread Amount $10.00
Charged every time this action occurs.

2. Thread Negation Amount $10.00
Awarded when this event is reverted.

But it still want to charge $1 for when use want to edits the thread they have created

. Bascially i would like to have
-- $10 charge to have user start their new Threads
--$0 charge to have user EDIT their own thread.

Please help

Thanks

ALSO -

This is working as intended. If you check the "Negation" amount for the thread event, this should be set to the same amount as the Award amount, so they cancel each other out.
-- When i use this "Negation" --..they user get deduct -$10 for their account and said they earned back $10 but their account wont reflect the earned amount.
--example : they have $101 balance .. spent $10 for NEW THREADs and "Negation" earned $10 but then their balance down to $91.00..

Inside Admin panel "Browse and Moderate Logs" Show 101 Credits these transactions, 100.0% of 101 Credits site total .. BUT under user account for only $91

please look at attachmentScreenshot (5).png

Last edited:
Bascially i would like to have
-- $10 charge to have user start their new Threads
--$0 charge to have user EDIT their own thread.
This is not possible, sorry :(

This will happen if you are not using the "Negation" feature as I mentioned previously in order to re-award the credits they spent when they started the thread.

The reason why this feature works the way it does is that you have the option to use per-word amount multipliers, meaning that existing events need to be reverted when an edit is made.

is there any other suggestions or other way around it? to just make charge for start NEW THREADS only?

thanks

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. The way around it is to fill out the "Negation Amount" setting, this will give users back the credits they spent on the thread, then take it away again after the edit is done.

i'm confusing my self to.. lets me make sure i understand correctly.

if i sets:

Charge :$10 for new threads
Negation :$10 (this will give them back $10)

So when they create a new threads first will charge them $10 and give them back $10 because the negation = which is cost them $0 [i hope to charge the customer $10 for every new threads]

-- you said "then take it away again after the edit is done." is it only for edit the threads only?

kinda confused :) sorry.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. The way around it is to fill out the "Negation Amount" setting, this will give users back the credits they spent on the thread, then take it away again after the edit is done.

I kinda see what you means but somehow it the BALANCE credits comes out wrong

please look at the attachement picture.
Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 8.24.04 PM.png

1. user starts with $50
2. user create a threads cost $10 ..--- user balance is $40
3. user edit a thread cost $10 ..nagation rewards $10 -- user balance support to have $40 still BUT its show only $30

but then inside admincp: under : Browse and Moderate Logs ...look at send attachemnt pictures..it showed $40 there.
Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 8.27.38 PM.png

The Balance column in the front-end is not an exact science in the vBulletin version, you should trust the AdminCP :)

The Balance column in the front-end is not an exact science in the vBulletin version, you should trust the AdminCP :)

But it doesnt make sense for USER. they would complain that they still have $40 balance instead of $30. and it's become a problem because now they're $10 short.

can you please remove that feature to charge user to edit the post..? please help

Sorry, that's not something I am able to change at this time :(

You can edit the credits templates to remove the Balance column from the front-end if you want.

They can check their own credit balance in the top left corner of that page, they do not need to rely on the balance column in the transactions list.

They can check their own credit balance in the top left corner of that page, they do not need to rely on the balance column in the transactions list.

oh no..the navbar , postbit or user's profiles balance is still $30 ..not $40 their blance they should have..that's why i said..the user will complaints why they miss $10.

Then I'm highly confused, since your screenshots show the mod working as intended with no balance problems.

Can you PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account?

Last edited:
Then I'm highly confused, since your screenshots show the mod working as intended with no balance problems.

Can you PM me with an FTP and AdminCP account?

it's now working fine..i have to UNINSTALLED the products and RE-install the products for it to work fine.. Do i have to update counters once in a while ?

Would you be kinda to add that features : so it doesnt cost user anything to EDIT a post? because if someone only have $10 to post a message and then they will have $0 ..but then when they want to go back to edit ..they need to have extra $10 to edit. and they wont able to edit their own if they dont have that extra $10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings