Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokonzi

Former Developer
For Beta 3, we've got a few more fixes and the notes system added in, with some issues still outstanding. Will be working on implementing more of these for Beta 4.

In the Admin Control Panel the following areas are not completed:
  • Manage Listings
  • Manage Offers

In the User Control Panel sections of the mod the following items are not completed:
  • View Order Details (would welcome some suggestions on what exactly everybody needs to be displayed on these pages)
  • Return this Item
  • Resolve Problem
  • Relist

When Viewing a single listing the following items are not completed:
  • Issues with the percentage of feedback for a user
  • View Feedback for a user

In addition to these, there are several bugs outstanding in the forum here that I'm looking at getting fixed. :)

Thanks again for the help in testing, there have been some really good bug reports and suggestions. :)

It was a busy week for me last week, so I'm hoping to get a bit more coding done this week than I did last, and depending on the bug reports... I might get a lot more done with features. :)

If you can take a look at the Notes system and see how they feel. Any suggestions on improvements I can take a look at. :)

Last edited:
Testing the notes system now. Will post up some issues I have. I have one question, what would the note system be used for?

Testing the notes system now. Will post up some issues I have. I have one question, what would the note system be used for?

The notes system is setup to let a user place notes about a listing. So this might be people to watch out for, agreements that have been made, concerns, etc. Kinda like if you were making real paper notes on deals... :)

Just letting you know that I've patched beta 3 to fix an issue when saving addresses. :)
ozi, Freekoid, CharlieDelta, JaiKai, heyzeus909 Mick

Hey! It's me again.

A few quick notes on some issues.
- auto pm HTML code not parsed correctly, here is an example of one PM
Code:
Your item <a href="http://www.konzole-slovenija.com/forum/classifieds.php?do=listing&action=viewlisting&listingid=test">3</a> has not received any offers that meet the reserve you set.

- listings cannot be deleted via CP, while AP is still not in function, strange thing going on, on my server: I keep getting blank mails, with blank subjects (dozens per day). All messages are sent via email address provided for handling classifieds. Even if I remove that address from the general settings, messages just keep coming. I got to conclusion that this must probably be due expired classifieds. When searching for such classified inside my personal CP I tried to delete it. I can't reproduce that error (feature??) because now the the option to remove listing is gone. Which is strange. However, after me trying to remove it, I got the PM with more sense about not received any offers (see earlier notes). I haven't received any new blank messages since... A definite glitch somewhere!
Screenshot 2013-10-02 18.22.08.png

About listings removal: it makes sense to forbid expired listings to be removed by users, but there should be an option to re-list an item. Can't find that.

- under personal CP for classifieds, more broken icons
Screenshot 2013-10-01 22.49.43.png

- still having problems with broken page while browsing listing's details; URL for non-registered users to check it *here*
error8.jpg

- non-registered users get error in the header, while landing on the default classifieds page
error7.jpg

- about my previous posts regarding sub-categories... I didn't make myself clear enough. What I meant was, that when submitting an ad, one has to choose a category. Correct. Now, if there's a sub-category present, I believe choosing an appropriate sub-category is a must. This way one cannot sell things not meant to be, or, if applicable, one should choose a proper category (other, etc...).

I'm sorry for posting all in one theme but I find this a lot easier. I'm in a desperate lack of time for such things. I do apologize! :)
So much for now.

Cheers!

Hey! It's me again.

A few quick notes on some issues.
- auto pm HTML code not parsed correctly, here is an example of one PM
Code:
Your item <a href="http://www.konzole-slovenija.com/forum/classifieds.php?do=listing&action=viewlisting&listingid=test">3</a> has not received any offers that meet the reserve you set.

I'm aware of this issue... trying to work a solution in for Beta 4. We couldn't figure it out in time for Beta 3.

- listings cannot be deleted via CP, while AP is still not in function, strange thing going on, on my server: I keep getting blank mails, with blank subjects (dozens per day). All messages are sent via email address provided for handling classifieds. Even if I remove that address from the general settings, messages just keep coming. I got to conclusion that this must probably be due expired classifieds. When searching for such classified inside my personal CP I tried to delete it. I can't reproduce that error (feature??) because now the the option to remove listing is gone. Which is strange. However, after me trying to remove it, I got the PM with more sense about not received any offers (see earlier notes). I haven't received any new blank messages since... A definite glitch somewhere!

Do you get PMs when you also get emails? If so they might help me figure out what's causing them.
View attachment 4852

About listings removal: it makes sense to forbid expired listings to be removed by users, but there should be an option to re-list an item. Can't find that.
Relisting is in the to do list in the OP of this thread ;)

- under personal CP for classifieds, more broken icons
View attachment 4853

Can you post me the URL those images are supposed to be at? It might be that your style is expecting them in a different location.

- still having problems with broken page while browsing listing's details; URL for non-registered users to check it *here*
View attachment 4854

There are a few issues we're getting with Fixed Width styles, will see what we can do with this one. :)

- non-registered users get error in the header, while landing on the default classifieds page
View attachment 4855

Yeah, I'm aware of this one as well. Will get this fixed for Beta 4.

- about my previous posts regarding sub-categories... I didn't make myself clear enough. What I meant was, that when submitting an ad, one has to choose a category. Correct. Now, if there's a sub-category present, I believe choosing an appropriate sub-category is a must. This way one cannot sell things not meant to be, or, if applicable, one should choose a proper category (other, etc...).

I'll have a think over whether we can find someway of allowing both methods to exist. Leave this one with me. :)

I'm sorry for posting all in one theme but I find this a lot easier. I'm in a desperate lack of time for such things. I do apologize! :)
So much for now.

Cheers!

I'll let you off for now... ;)

It does help immensely if there is one thread per issue or type of issue, particularly to avoid accidentally missing fixing things. :D

I've patched Beta 3 changing the following files slightly:

/dbtech/classifieds/actions/listing.php
/dbtech/classifieds/actions/user.php

If you copy those files to your install it will fix a couple of issues with addresses and also previewing listings. :)

Are you sure? I've checked and DragonByte Classifieds is listed as being available to you in my ACP access, and it says it's been downloaded. :)

It has now :)

Ummm, Is anyone willing to give me a user/pass for their site so I can see this set up already customer side pls.

I'm not saying its daunting but an initial working unit would be great for a quick glance.

Ta

There's nothing I've got that's generally accessible.

A lot of the key stuff is ready. Make sure you have the PayPal payment processor set. Create some categories (such as Vehicles, Services, etc) and then add in any subcategories you want (so Vehicles might have Vans, Cars, Motorbikes).

Once the categories are ready, then you need to add specifications and the options for specifications. You need to match options to specifications (so Specification might be 'Colour' and you might have Red, Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue as options), and then select which specifications you want to use with each Category.

Once those are done, mostly it's a matter of managing a listing from the front end. That means a user needs postage and addresses setup. Once that is done you can create listings and test features. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Classifieds

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings