Pending List of suggestions

Alternadiv

Customer
Porting this over from XF. I know you want separate threads, but since there are a lot here, let me know what can’t be done. Then I can make seperate threads for the ones that can.
  • A keyword that uses too many characters will throw a server error. It also doesn't tell you what the character limit is.
  • The port 25 option, because if used wrong can set your entire email list to bounced email, should have some short of additional method to enable it. Maybe require the administrator's password? Or require you to type ENABLE into a text box?
  • I purchased the branding free license. I think there should be no branding in any of the URLs. The mailing list should be called something like example.com/mail/ or example.com/newsletters/.
  • The mailing list page is very bland. I wouldn't allow my users to have access to this page as it looks.
  • On that note, I don't see the need for a public mailing list page. Yes, you can disable the navigation link to it, but:
    • You should be able to send your newsletter from the XF control panel.
    • You should be able to save your template within your control panel, so you can use it again next month (especially having BBCode access to the template, so you don't have to type out the image URLs again.)
      • As a workaround for saving templates, you could either add it to the mailing list description in the control panel or make a thread with it in your hidden administrator node. Obviously you could save it to your computer, too.
    • Users should be able to manage their subscriptions in their own control panel.
    • The user control option for keywords should not be in their control panel if you have keywords disabled.
    • Having the newsletter viewable on the website like this (https://tacoma3g.com/mail/mail/tacoma3gs-july-rig-of-the-month-more.4/) is fine, but probably not needed for every application. I don't need that. Should be an option to not do that.
  • There should be a test send AND confirmation before sending to thousands of members.
    • If you hit that send button by mistake, it's over. You also can't send yourself a test email like default XF can. The word around is to make a test mailing list that only you will receive, and do it like that.
  • The {unsub} shortcut is confusing.
    • First test: I just put {unsub} -- this put the full unsub URL in the email and didn't automatically hyperlink the first time, but on my second test it did.
    • Then I tried to get it to hyperlink AND use the unsub phrase. This part is confusing. Does the shortcut go in the URL box? Does it go in the text box? Does it go in both of the boxes? A small note on how it should work would be helpful.
    • There should be an option in the add-on options to just append this to the bottom of either all emails, or by specific mailing list, like default XF can do.
  • There should be a way to view an unsubscribe feedback log in the control panel. Also, the unsubscribe email notification I get only shows their username and not their email. Their email would be helpful there.
  • Rebuild mailing list should have a description of what that does like the other two rebuilds have.
  • I'm not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice to allow the mass unsubscribe too to allow you to select the emails that were bounced.
Overall, I'm very happy I found this add-on. These suggestions would just make it that much better.

Upvote 0
Hello @sixlxvi,

Thank you for your suggestion for DragonByte Mail. Your request will be reviewed by a member of our team shortly.

Unless there are any problems preventing these features from being added to the product, this thread will not receive another reply until it is time to review logged feature requests for implementation.

We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our products!

- DragonByte Tech Staff

Back