Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladius

Customer
Pretty much as per title, Custom Username CSS doesn't work (tried font-weight: 20px; ).

Also, there's almost no separation between the avatar and the text displayed to the right of it; they're practically squished together which looks ugly.

Where do you have the spotlight set up at?

What is your screen resolution set to?

Does it appear the same to you on this site? On here it is on the right sideblocks next to the forums.

I turned it off, sorry; it's back on now. My screen resolution is 1280x1024 or 1680x1050 - same on both monitors.

The 4.x is different, but yea, same thing - there's only a few px between the text and avatar - should be as much to the left and right of it. The username is bold and larger here though, unlike on my site.

If you want more space you could expand the padding in the image cell.

ACP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager
Edit your style and Find the User Spotlight
Edit the template
dbtech_spotlight_userinfo

Find
Code:
<div style="float: left; padding: 2px;">

and replace with

Code:
<div style="float: left; padding: 5px;">

If that's still not enough then you can bump the padding higher.

As far as the CSS, can you turn the spotlight back on so I can see it? I wanted to find out if it's not printing out the CSS or just not taking it.

Yes indeed... and bolder. I'm trying to make it redo the spotlight to get an avatar but for some reason when I run the cron manually it doesn't change the user... huh.

Yes indeed... and bolder. I'm trying to make it redo the spotlight to get an avatar but for some reason when I run the cron manually it doesn't change the user... huh.

font-weight is for bold. Need to use font-size for making the text bigger. Try
Code:
font-size: 200%; font-weight: bold;
If you want to rerun it you need to clear out the timestamp at the bottom of the spotlight settings page.

Change Spotlight Next Cron Run to 1 and then rerun it :)

Ouch... it doesn't seem to process html in sigs properly either. Or our custom profile field. Check the current user spotlight...

Thanks, enlarging the font that way worked... now just for the rest... :D

Edit: well, kinda... the larger font for username now pushed the whole text block below the avatar...

Can you give me a screenshot of what a bad sig looks like? It's working fine in dev but I might not have something in there that's breaking it.

It seems that all longer usernames are moved below the avatar instead of stretching the line to the right... what do I need to edit to prevent that?

Edit: also, long text signatures stretch the panel layout indefinitely so that all the text displays in a single line... can we make the text wrap so that that doesn't happen?

Last edited:
I just uploaded 1.6.4 to our downloads area. Can you try that one and see how it works for the html in signature and custom fields?
The only file that was changed was dbtech/spotlight/core/class_fetchuser.php
If you want to just upload that one.

I'll look at the long username and long signature thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy User Spotlight

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back