Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want the 404 Page (and any other error page) to look like it belongs on your site, the mod above is probably the quickest way to do it.

Also any standalone page you do by itself with not contain the vB page infrastructure (header, navbar, footer, etc). This will stop users from easily moving on to another page on your site after an error and they will be more likely leave your site.

DBSEO Have a option to handle 404 error page , You do not need Install any other Mod. Only need to custom PHP file.

DBSEO Have a option to handle 404 error page , You do not need Install any other Mod. Only need to custom PHP file.

What the DBSEO option does is allow you to use an alternative 404 error page to the one that your users would normally be directed to by your server after a 404 error.

I understand you do not need to install a mod. You also don't need to have an alternative 404 error page, there should be one already setup on your server.

All that being said, I was just trying to inform you that IF you were going the route of creating a custom 404 page the mod above not only creates a custom 404 page but also creates most of the other prominent error pages all within the page structure of vBulletin. You would then use DBSEO to redirect (or via .htaccess, it all does the same thing) to the 404.php created by the above mod.

Last edited:
DragonByte Tech: SEO - General Settings > Custom "404 File Not Found" Handler

If you choose to include a custom PHP file, you can input its path here.
Example: /home/domain/404.php

DragonByte Tech: SEO - General Settings > Custom "404 File Not Found" Handler

If you choose to include a custom PHP file, you can input its path here.
Example: /home/domain/404.php

Yes, I use that setting within DBSEO with the mod linked above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings