Status
Not open for further replies.

mikez006

Customer
I've been noticing some random slow downs over the last few weeks and today I contacted by hosting provider to find out what was going.

What would happen is the site would get extremely slow or just stop loading for a few mins, then be back to normal. I had originally thought it was a network issue with my host, but they've had none.

When they looked into it they saw that mysql was the problem and looked for the slowest processes which turned out to be all from the credits plugin I'm using.

Below is one example, but there were about 20 of these listed. Each with different userID, but all with about 20-30 seconds query times. It seems these are randomly causing huge CPU spikes and either slow down the entire server or stop the site from loading all together.

Code:
# Query_time: 21.981849 Lock_time: 0.000097 Rows_sent: 0 Rows_examined: 329157
SET timestamp=1361547931;
SELECT t.* FROM credits_transaction AS t LEFT JOIN credits_event AS e ON (t.eventid = e.eventid) WHERE t.userid = 184613 AND t.status = 0 AND (e.eventid IS NULL OR t.timestamp <= (1361547909 - e.delay)) ORDER BY t.timestamp ASC LIMIT 1;

credits_transactions is that the process for when someone earns 'credits' for doing something on the forums? Any idea on how to fix this?

Last edited:
If you're still running v1.1.0 of vBCredits II I'd strongly recommend upgrading to v2.1. I believe these problems have already been fixed in newer versions of the mod :)

It used to be an issue here on DBTech as well, but Darkwaltz4 and I fixed it :)

MAJOR difference since upgrading to the newest version. Loading times are at least twice as fast now! thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back