Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Former Developer
Customer
As of 06/21/2012 the banners have been removed from the product download and now must be installed from this zip file. It includes instructions on how to load them and run the SQL Query to get them installed.

If you have installed vBDonate before this date, no action is needed as they are already installed when you installed the product.

There is 30 default banners in the zip file for you to have on your site, you can use these or make your own, the choice is yours.

banners.png

Attachments

• Banners.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
i get errors with trying to install this too bad i didnt buy this sooner it would of been in there lol

in the Plugins & Products field i see no Execute SQL Query however its in maintence field i do see.. i input the code as per instructions

this is error i get

An error occurred while attempting to execute your query. The following information was returned.
error number: 1146
error desc: Table 'vbulletin.dbtech_vbdonate_slider' doesn't exist

i put all files where they should go not sure why i am getting this

Hmm try running this querry and let me know what is says.

Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS dbtech_vbdonate_slider 
		(
			contentid INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
			title MEDIUMTEXT NULL,
			previewimage MEDIUMTEXT NULL,
			publishdate VARCHAR(50) BINARY NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
			active TINYINT(2) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
			in_cms TINYINT (2) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
			in_forum TINYINT (2) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
			PRIMARY KEY (contentid)
		)

i will try my regular site ozzy see if i have same issue that was my test site and i am thinking its that damn 4.2.0 vb i have installed there ...

sure wish you did not take this out i hate running queries

ok Ozzy on my live site it works good but the problem i have is i see red on either side of the images how do i fix this here is pic
this happens on every image

Attachments

• banner pic.PNG
    banner pic.PNG
    240.1 KB · Views: 6
That is the banner background, go to the stylevar, dbtech_vbdonate_banner_background you can change it there.

Tried all of the above instructions but I am still left with a red block and an image that cannot been seen

Royal Welch Forum

Any help would be appreciated

Hello Blue6995,
best thing to do is to create a new thread,
as this may get overlooked by the developer Ozzy47,
because this topic is marked as Answered.

Added a missing file to the zip, if banners are working on your site no need to do anything.

Banner Problems

I downloaded the zip and uploaded everything FTP.
I followed the directions contained.
After executing the last step it displayed Affected Rows: 0 (0.0013s)
I still have the RED box and no banners.
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this?
I was so much happier with the ease of the installation of the lite version.
Now I am very confused but I am also learning so that is a good thing.
I hope future upgrades go better for me.
Thanks in advance.

If I have posted in the wrong spot please move it and I will follow.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

I see the banner on your site with no problems.

tony's.png

I would clear your cookies and probably do a hard refresh Ctrl+F5 if you are not seeing them.

Last edited:
OK, I don't understand why I am not seeing it. But I must have a issue I am not aware of on my computer.
Thank you for your help. I am very sorry to have wasted your time.

Not a waist of time, I did edit the post above and added this, I would clear your cookies and probably do a hard refresh Ctrl+F5 if you are not seeing them.

Let me know if that works, I did try FireFox, IE, and Chrome and saw them in all of the browsers.

I did everything and also logged in with another user account and all I can see is the red box.
I don't get it. I have nothing on mouse over.

I wanted to add that other forum members only see the red box also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back