Question Images and Widgets

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGC xVIPERx XI

Customer
Hello,

1. According the rotating banner settings page there are suppose to be 30 images in the dbtech/vbdonate/images/banners folder. Where are these images?

2. How can I add a widget on the home page, something like the one for vB5? Just curious since there was no instructions.

1. According the rotating banner settings page there are suppose to be 30 images in the dbtech/vbdonate/images/banners folder. Where are these images?
Can you please elaborate?

2. How can I add a widget on the home page, something like the one for vB5? Just curious since there was no instructions.
vB4 does not have widget support so this is not possible.

1. The zip file is missing the 30 images that is suppose to be in the dbtech/vbdonate/images/banners folder. That is per the guidance on the admin Rotating Banner Settings.

Here is the text:
With this option you can show a rotating banner on the main donate page.
All the banners should be of the same size to avoid page jumping due to resizing.
You should have as many banners as you can, to help with the randomizing of them.
Their is a total of 30 banners with the product, they are 1080px x 150px
Images can be in gif, jpg, or png format, and must be loaded in the folder,
dbtech/vbdonate/images/banners

As you can see the text in red (Sorry no background color), it states that there is suppose to be 30 images in that folder. Can you please provide those images? Because of the missing images, it showed a big red box where the image was suppose to be.

2. Disregard this one for now. I had the widget on the vb5 and they removed that from the home page. So I am going to shoot for the rotating banners at this point. I know its not a widget but having the CMS I would use a static html component and put the code in. That's what I was looking for.

Thanks,

XGC xVIPERx XI

Thanks, I figured out how to change the background color and modified it to the way I wanted to match the theme.

To run the slider it requires jQuery, the problem is that it requires person to active it. Is there a way around that?

Also, the slider setting for the banners determines what is seen. Yet with the rotating banners, it displays all no matter what (1 at time of course). Is there a way that I can control what is displayed based on location? I was able to get it to display on the forum and the vbCMS. I would like to control what is displayed at each location.

Thanks,

XGC xVIPERx Xi

To run the slider it requires jQuery, the problem is that it requires person to active it. Is there a way around that?

Also, the slider setting for the banners determines what is seen. Yet with the rotating banners, it displays all no matter what (1 at time of course). Is there a way that I can control what is displayed based on location?
Sorry, I'm not sure what either of these things mean, can you clarify please?

The setting pertains to the slider and not the rotating banner. Meaning I can choose what is seen for the slider. Therefore if I have the 20 images setup, the rotating banner will choose from all of them. I would only want a select few and there is no way to control it.

Hello @XGC xVIPERx XI,

We hope your ticket regarding vBDonate has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @XGC xVIPERx XI,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding vBDonate has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.