Question Pin Info using Mobile Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgrandoc

Customer
We have our member map integrated now, and all seems to be working well.

The location pins seem to be a little off (between 2-20 miles) but I guess this is based on the settings of the users device. This doesn't matter so much as we are using it to get a rough idea of who is where to arrange events etc, so members are just correcting their pins as and when they can.

My question is... how come you cannot see the member information against the pin on the map using a mobile device? I have tested this on both an Android Phone (Pixel) and an iPhone 7. The map works great, shows the pins, you can move the map around, zoom in/out etc. But there is no user information displayed. When you use a desktop/laptop to view and you hover the pointer over a pin, it gives you username, last active, avatar etc, but you cannot see this on mobile.

A large portion of my member base use my forum from a mobile device, so it would be great if we can integrate this somehow... but if not, then it's no big deal.

The manual map I had set up before showed user information on mobiles by tapping on a pin, so the ability is there... but I don't know enough about anything to say whether or not this would be possible with your add-on.

One last thing... the username comes up in a yellow colour that is REALLY hard to see... where in the templates would I be able to change this colour?

Any advice or help on this would be appreciated.

I guess this is based on the settings of the users device.
No it isn't, it's based off of the IP address.

how come you cannot see the member information against the pin on the map using a mobile device?
I can change the events to include clicking on a pin in a future update.

where in the templates would I be able to change this colour?
It uses standard XF CSS so you would need to change your user group styles.

This was fixed in v2.1.0 Gold, so if you upgrade to that version it should be resolved.

Excellent update. Nice grouping of members, and details show on mobile devices. Thanks for the swift update.

This ticket can be closed. No further issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Member Map

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back