Question Where do all those Google cookies come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirauni

First of all, thank you very much for this great modification!

Finally more than just another JavaScript pop-up.

However, I'm a little confused how the addon finds out which cookies are used on my site. I've many cookies from Google Analytics and AddThis and I'm sure I've never used Google Analytics on my site. I checked all templates and there's nothing refering to GA.
I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't reply to the other thread and this still is an issue for me. The problem is: I've disabled social networks like facebook etc. on my site and I've never used services like AddThis. I really don't knwo where all those cookies come from. When I check my Browser and view the cookies, only the standard vBulletin cookies are used. I also asked some users to verify this and none of them has received a cookie from GA or AddThis.

To make sure no plugin is causing this, I've installed a clean vBulletin 4.2.5 and installed this addon. The results are the same: Even in a clean install the Google Cookies are listed there. Quite confusing for my users since I'm cleary refusing to use any GA tools.

Now I wonder: Why are these cookies listed there? In the other thread you said that at some point the site must have used GA but as I said, I'm pretty sure I've never registered for this service nor did I edit a template for this. So how does Google get involved? Or are these cookes listed there by default,? Or maybe they are leftovers from the youtube-bb-Code? I'd be really glad to hear from you on this matter. I really like your plugin and I'm considering to "go pro" if it works well, but I must know what to tell my users when they ask about Googles or AddThis Cookies on my site.

A lot of cookie definitions are bundled with the product so that admins won't have to set the mod up completely from scratch.

Wow.. that was fast!
Thank you very much for your reply, Fillip H.. Just to make sure I understoo you right: The Google, Xenforo and AddThis cookies are listed in the Addon by default and it doesn't matter if I use them or not?
Now I think it's very good that you added cookies that are used very often to make things easier for admins. Thanks a lot! However, in my special case, is there a way to "disble" the display of those cookies for my users or hide them from view? Maybe in the pro version? I'm asking this because, as I said, I'm trying hard to keep things like GoogleAnalytics off of my website and since the new regulations here in Europe I clearly don't want to confuse my users further. It would be great if there was an option for this or if you could at least tell me how to hide them from view.

Thanks a lot!

You would have to go into the dbtech_cookiecontrol_cookie database table and remove the entries you don't want displayed, it's not intended for them to be deletable by admins at this time.

Hello @Kirauni,

We hope your ticket regarding Cookie Control has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Cookie Control

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating