Question What are the rules to make custom rewrites in Dbseo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

designguy

Customer
We have installed a plugin, VbTube, and we are having trouble with URL rewrites. I have referenced a previous user's issues: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/dbseo-vbtube-custom-rewrite-rules.21783/ where he is attempting to do the same thing.

The product comes with its own rewrite rules to put into the .htaccess file, and there is a switch in the plugin options to turn them on, but they don't work (placed before dbseo's rules).

It almost seems that dbseo overrides the .htaccess file's rules and the plugin even though they are placed before.

I was able to put in custom rewrite following the above thread:

'^ytm\.php$' => 'videos'

This works. The video page is now rewritten as /videos

I have tried doing rewrites for the video and category URLs guided by what I saw in the previous user's thread, but nothing I've tried works. Of course everything I try is hit and miss because there is no documentation on HOW to make a custom rewrite and what regular expressions to use. At least please put up a guide on the language to use to make a custom rewrite which is obviously different than what is used in the .htaccess file. The rules don't seem to be correct even for the examples. For example, I see > in the code in the calendar examples, but when I attempted to use that in my rewrite above, it made the page come up as 'Page Not Found.' Only after I put the code in the form as you see above did it work.

The URLs in question that I would like to rewrite are:

domain.com/forum/ytm.php?do=watch&m=# (to watch a video)
(Where # is the video ID when the video is cataloged on the site.)
The plugin itself attempts to rewrite as domain.com/forum/watch/#/title but the page isn't recognized and redirects to the forum home page.

domain.com/forum/ytm.php?do=cat&cid=# (for a category page)
(Where # is the category ID as created on the site.)
The plugin itself attempts to rewrite this as domain.com/forum/videos-category/#/categorytitle but the page isn't recognized and redirects to the forum home page.

As I mentioned, dbseo perhaps overrides this behavior. Leaving the plugin's rewrites off and putting in the above custom rewrite worked for the video page, so I assume custom rewrites can be done for the video and category URLs as well.

Again, at least please give us the rules to writing custom rewrites within dbseo since there is no documentation on it, though I welcome any help with the problem as URL rewrites are definitely not my forte.

For example, I see > in the code in the calendar examples
This is because they were imported from vBSEO, which produced incorrect encoding. You should replace HTML entities with their normal values.

The regular expressions used in the rewrites must follow the PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) syntax.

Just to clarify, the custom rewrite rules cannot reference the titles of the videos, only the IDs.

Hello @designguy,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating