Status
Not open for further replies.

D19RNY

Customer
Sometimes the ajax don't refresh the shoutbox, forcing me to reload the site or enter something in the shoutbox to see what other users have wrote.

This is happening to lots of users on my forum.

This is the last issue i have seen and everything else is good!

This could be related to the AOP system if you have a busy shoutbox, it's not something I've been able to confirm locally but I'll give it another test soon :)

Until there's a reliable way to reproduce this I can't do anything about it unfortunately :(

Could try installing Firebug, I log all the "fetching shouts in x seconds" and such, and it'll tell you when it goes idle.

We are having the same issue over at http://gearheads.in

Chat won't auto refresh. Will show up the messages only when a member posts a shout or refreshes the page.

Also once the member goes idle, it does not show the click here button either like it used to on the previous version.

And we still can't hear sounds, though its been enabled.

Edit - This happens when chat input is on bottom with 'Shout Default Display Order ' being oldest first

Last edited:
Aha, that's some new information. I'll look into that :)

EDIT: The shoutbox is working fine for me at your forum, no problems :)
Dunno if that's cause you changed the shout order, but I'll have the position of it fixed in 5.4.3.

Last edited:
EDIT: The shoutbox is working fine for me at your forum, no problems :)
Saw your test post in the shoutbox, our users are having issues in the tab called "Global Chat". We use Shoutbox only for notifications to be displayed, while Global Chat is where all our members chat amongst themselves.

Dunno if that's cause you changed the shout order, but I'll have the position of it fixed in 5.4.3.
Not sure if it because of the changed shout order, but the auto refresh started working once we set "Shout display order set to newest first".

With this setting set to Oldest first, it doesn't auto refresh shouts in Global Chat.

I see, that's yet more new information :p

For the future, could you please include all this information when reporting a problem? Without it, I'm going to make assumptions like I did in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back