• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Question Reporting Shouts without having access to archive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adultforum

Customer
I've disabled access to the shout archive for non moderators of our forum so that users would focus on in the moment discussion rather than look back and rehash drama from discussions they didn't partake in.

I'd still like people to be able to report shouts that they feel crossed the line, however it seems that after entering in the reason for reporting the shout it attempts to load the archive and for regular users they get a permission error and the shout does not get reported.

I know that giving them access to the archive and just reducing the length of the archive would get around this, but then the moderators would not be able to access the older messages to check if other violations occurred. and this is important.

So is there a way to allow users who cannot view the archive to report shouts?
alternatively, is there a way to have a separate archive for admins/moderators that is longer than the regular user archive?

No changes are planned here unfortunately, it's generally expected that the archive is accessible. I would suggest reshaping the rules to deal with the problem of rehashing drama rather than blocking the archive.

Hello @adultforum,

We hope your ticket regarding vBShout has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @adultforum,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding vBShout has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating