Status
Not open for further replies.

terminator

Customer
I have installed this hack, and it seems that users can still see attachments without giving thanks.

Is there anything I have done wrong or need to do to get this to work?

Thanks.

It won't automatically hide attachments. You need to specifically tell it to do so by editing the relevant posts and checking "Require thanks to see attachments" :)

Can you please try re-downloading the files and re-uploading them? It's possible they've been patched since you first downloaded them :)

I only purchased/downloaded yesterday and re-downloaded again this morning.

I have also tried every combination of settings, ut ohing seems to work.

Is there a chance that there could be a bug with it working with vBulletin 4.0.4 PL 1.

Testing hide stuff.

Attachments

• vbc_origpost.png
    vbc_origpost.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 3
  • funny-pictures-c&#97.jpg
    funny-pictures-c&#97.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 0
Fillip H. - currently helping Term with this, can you advise what the settings in the control panel should (ie which mirror yours ?)

Thanks

There's no settings for this that I can think of, though you can check the post table if dbtech_thanks_requirethanks_content is set to 1 for that post.

Thanks...the "thanks" is working perfectly, ie thanks can be given for a post, however, the only thing that just won't change, is the hiding of an attachment until the thanks link is clicked - it seems to default to show attachment.

When a post is edited, even though the check boxes are ticked, the changes don't appear to be written back, so that when you save, then reload, the attachment still shows, and both check boxes remain unchecked.

Sorry for being a numpty, but I am really new to databases.

Where would I find the post table?

Thankyou for being so patient.

Yeah, now click on Browse and find the post ID of a post that you have set Require Thanks to see Attachments to Yes for before.

The manual update to the table works, but the automatic one doesn't, maybe this is an xml installer fault maybe not.

Do you have any ideas ?

Last edited:
Can't say as I do, but if you give me an FTP account on your forums I can have a look and see what I can find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back