Status
Not open for further replies.

Hummie

Customer
I upgraded my forum in version 4 and the whole thing crashed and it took me an entire day to fix it. I was SO stressed. I could not even access the admin area. I was seeing errors with this add-on (credits/shop). I see a message at the top of your forum that this problem has been fixed.

I just paid to upgrade to vBulletin 5.

Is this compatible with version 5? I'd hate to loose this vital feature to my site.

Of course, from now on I'm turning off all add-ons before upgrading and then turning them back on! Lesson learned!

No, vBShop is not compatible with vBulletin 5 in any way, shape or form. You can see a list of our current vB5 compatible mods (keep in mind they will need a re-download (Lite) / license upgrade (Pro) by going to our main page and clicking the "vBulletin 5.x" tab.

So I just paid all this money to upgrade my forum and now cannot do it unless I give up this mod I recently paid for only a few months ago?

When do you expect to have it available for 5?

Not applicable to this thread, but I see I have a lifetime of the thanks mod and it only allows me to download the 3 version. There is a button to renew/upgrade, but then it wants me to pay. That is not a lifetime version.

You see the renew/upgrade link for the thanks mod, because it is available for vB5, but you need to upgrade your current license, to the vB5 version, or purchase a vB5 version license of the mod. :)

Okay, well, I will do that I guess after I upgrade to 5.

I cannot upgrade to 5 until you have the shop available for 5. When do you expect to have that available?

I also have the slider, but that is not essential to my business. Only the thanks and the shop are essential. I use the thanks to credit lessons when people do them. I use the shop to allow access for free in exchange for forum activity.

I am not sure about the shop, you will have to wait till Fillip H., or Cosmic answers that one. :)

So I just paid all this money to upgrade my forum and now cannot do it unless I give up this mod I recently paid for only a few months ago?
vBulletin 3 / 4 are relatively similar in terms of how they work modification-wise, so it's possible for us to create a version that works on both those vB versions.

vB5, on the other hand, is a major departure from existing code base, so it's quite simply impossible for us to make a mod that works on vB3, vB4 & vB5.

When do you expect to have it available for 5?
Unfortunately we have no current ETA for this, because the vast majority of our customers are still using vB3/vB4, so we need to focus on those versions.

Not applicable to this thread, but I see I have a lifetime of the thanks mod and it only allows me to download the 3 version. There is a button to renew/upgrade, but then it wants me to pay. That is not a lifetime version.
If you click that link, you'll see the "upgrade" refers to the vB5 version of this mod.

The system considers this an upgrade, considering it's for a newer version of vB.

What you have is a lifetime version. Your license will grant you every single version we release for the vB3/vB4 version of the mod (even if we release v4, v5, v6 etc). Considering vB5 versions have to be developed separately, we needed to apply a small surcharge to either replace or add a vB5-compatible license to your account.

This is comparable to how vBulletin's license structure works: You pay a set fee, and you get access to all vB3/vB4 versions that have been or ever will be, but if you want the vB5 upgrade you have to pay again. The same will be true for vB6, barring another change in the license structure of course.

Just checking in to see if there's compatibility with 5 yet and I see there isn't. It's a bit frustrating to have spent a few hundred dollars on something in November and still not be able to install in in April because the add-ons for it are not available yet.

Just checking in again.

My forum users kept requesting a tagging feature and I don't want to buy vB4 and then vB5 for the tagging, so I installed the light version. I see you have it available for vB5.

I cannot upgrade to vB5 until I have the shop upgrade and I'm patiently waiting (and reminding you I"m patiently waiting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShop

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back