• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmtanner3

Customer
I was running TT Lite and vBShout Lite and I edited the dbt_tt template to include the instance code in it and it was working perfectly allowing me to have a chat room while people were battling.

I just upgraded to TT Full version and the chat room no longer works. I checked the dbt_tt template and the correct code is in there but nothing happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

There's no difference between TT Lite and Pro that would account for a change like that.

I'll paste the instructions again just so they can be double-checked:

To put vBShout in a custom location, do the following:

Step 1: AdminCP -> DBTech - vBShout-> Instance Management -> [Edit].

Step 2: Change the Auto-Display Shoutbox setting to Disabled.

Step 3: Write down the the Varname setting. For the default shoutbox, it's instance1. The rest of this guide will assume you replace instance1 with the actual Varname if it is different.

Step 4: Enter the Style Manager and add either {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1} (vB4) or {$show[vbshout_instance1]} (vB3) to the templates you wish the shoutbox to appear in.

Follow these steps as described and you will have total control over the position of the Shoutbox.
Please note that some locations may not work as intended on vBulletin 3.8, and also note that it is not designed to go in the Forum Blocks side-bar (vBulletin 4).

I can confirm that for some reason this is not working in TT pro. Quite inconvenient to say the least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back