Status
Not open for further replies.

heyzeus909

Customer
Hello Fillip H.,

Files uploaded, product installed - all went fine. After enabling and going through the settings, I noticed that the URLs on the forum homepage no longer worked:

Code:
Not Found

The requested URL /forum/food/101305-nutra-bullet-post126987.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_hive/3.6 mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 Server at www.thefreeradicals.net Port 80

The contents of my .htaccess file:

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.thefreeradicals\.net
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.thefreeradicals.net/$1 [R=301,L,QSA]

#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^eatcleanlifthard\.com$ [OR]
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.eatcleanlifthard\.com$
#RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.eatcleanlifthard\.com\/forum\/forum\.php" [R=302,L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.thefreeradicals\.net$
RewriteRule ^forum\/$ "http\:\/\/www\.thefreeradicals\.net\/forum\/forum\.php" [R=302,L]

^That's your awesome coding there :) You helped transfer domains for me using an addon hosting account. Thanks again!

I tried adding the included .htaccess code from the DBSeo instructions, but I didn't have any luck. It basically rendered the entire site useless with either 404 errors or a 500. I'm guessing it's a conflict with the contents of the .htaccess file?

I'm not smart enough to figure it out from here, so any help would be appreciated.

...I tried adding the included .htaccess code from the DBSeo instructions, but I didn't have any luck. It basically rendered the entire site useless with either 404 errors or a 500. I'm guessing it's a conflict with the contents of the .htaccess file?

I'm not smart enough to figure it out from here, so any help would be appreciated.

It appears your forum resides under the subdomain /forum and your current .htaccess file is in the root directory. More than likely all you need to do is add the DBSEO .htaccess file to your forum directory by itself and not try to add the DBSEO individual rules to your current .htaccess file.

Structure would look like:
Code:
/ (root folder)
/.htaccess (where your current .htaccess rules are)
/forum
/forum/.htaccess (where your DBSEO .htaccess rules would go)
/forum/forum.php

Last edited:
I've applied the .htaccess file to the correct directory and I can confirm the URLs are now working as intended :)

Thank you, Fillip. All appears well, except that putting in the url in theFreeRadicals.net now redirects to the old domain EatCleanLiftHard.com/forum instead of theFreeRadicals.net/forum. Any links clicked at the EatCleanLiftHard.com/forum url do redirect to theFreeRadicals.net/forum/url-title, however.

If this is something I can take care of via cPanel I'm more than happy to, as I hate to be a bother. But if it requires .htaccess coding, I'm at a loss.

This was because of the index.html file in your root folder. I have removed this file and updated the .htaccess rules to correctly redirect to your forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back