Status
Not open for further replies.
Try asking the host something similar like:

Are there any scripts installed on the server designed to optimise javascript etc that may result in javascript being clumped (by deleting whitespace etc)?

I cannot figure out why my .js files are being stripped of white space, to my knowledge I haven't installed anything that would cause this to happen.

And see what they say :)

Last edited:
Ok. I've copied and pasted what you said and this is the script:

There should not be anything by default that would cause this.
4:34:50 PM
Customer
thats why i am asking
4:35:13 PM
Customer
could you please check about it
4:35:24 PM
Chris F
This beyond our realm of support.
4:37:12 PM
Customer
but then what shall i do
4:37:43 PM
Chris F
An issue such as this would be the responsibility of your server administrator to resolve.

Look, i will try to figure out and bring some people to take care of this, i really want this mod, this is the reason i also bought vbcredits, but if i we cant solve this i will request to refund back my money because i did show you that my mods arent the reason to vbavatars stop working, so there is no ponit to have vbcredits aswell...

The idea is enjoy the purchase not being angry or dissaponited about it, overall when i see an answer as you stated above.

Update: I re-uploaded the v2 JS file and while it's still clumped, it now works on your forum :)

I went to inventory, then click on "knight avatar style", then built the avatar, then press "save avatar" and it doesnt work... Avatar doesnt save...

We've done some research and it seems like your server may have this configured: HttpGzipModule

Do you have a server admin or someone who configured your server for you that can confirm whether this module is installed on your nginx service?

Alternatively, if a similar module exists for LiteSpeed you might want to check that out too.

What i have is litespeed, i am the admin of my forum, nobody touch it.

How could i know if my forum got that module configured?

I don't have enough experience administering nginx or LiteSpeed based servers to answer that question, sorry :(

I've disabled litespeed and it still doesn't work...

I will let litespeed disabled until tomorrow so you have 24hours to verify this in my forum.

No, I'm telling you I don't know if LiteSpeed or nginx has a module that caches JS/CSS in a way that makes it impossible for me to debug vBAvatars on your site.

If you want me to check your server modules from you then I'd need root access. I'm assuming from your FTP directories that you're running WHM?

If you could PM me with the root password I'll take a look at your LiteSpeed / nginx modules and see if I can find the culprit :)

I'm happy to report that this has now been fixed! :D

Firstly, the "clumped JS" happened as a result of CloudFlare integration. Apparently, the "last modified" detection for files edited via FTP in CloudFlare is a bit dodgy, so any changes made for debugging purposes I would not see reflected in the files.
Disabling CloudFlare integration from the host's customer control panel fixed this issue and the JS files now behave as expected :)

Secondly, and this was actually completely unrelated to the above issue and really something I should have noticed right off the bat - my apologies for that - the issue of custom avatar styles not saving.
The "Avatar Base" layer that comes with the mod is a "magic layer" in the sense that any new body images MUST belong to that layer. In other words, /dbtech/avatars/images/parts/character/Male Body.png needed to be /dbtech/avatars/images/parts/Male Body.png and the part itself had to be deleted and re-added to the system.

For the future, you should upload "Female Body" and "Orc Male Body" etc. to the /parts/ folder, next to Male Body and avatar_base_female.png, etc. Then when you go to add new parts, it will auto-detect that those images should be "Avatar Base" images.

Any other parts like gloves, boots etc for the armour will work fine with the folders you have already created :)

Also, you should ensure that the "Avatar Base" layer is always the first layer in the display order - I've corrected this on your site as well. As it was, most armour pieces were actually appearing behind your character :D
The only exception to this is if you decide to create and sell a background - let's say you are creating a "Guild Crest" to be displayed behind your character. The new layers for that image should be placed before the "Avatar Base" layer in the display order.

When saving an avatar, at least one "Avatar Base" must be present, otherwise it will silently fail as you noticed before.

I will make a note to display an error message in a future version :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBAvatars

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back