Status
Not open for further replies.

neounix

Customer
Hi!

Thank you for the great support so far. DBSEO keeps getting better and better.

Just a small "bug" to report.. not sure if it is important or not....

When I do a full mysqldump of our database and move it over to our backup site, we have code that insures the 'bburl' and the 'homeurl' as well as other local options are changes, so we can simply do a full mysqldump on one site, and have the forums working on the backup site without any configuration in admincp (except for our plugin to manages the home and base URLs, etc differences).

I have noticed that when I do a full dump and restore like this, that many links on the backup (the hostname) are the same as on the main server hostname; and the only way to fix this is to disable DBSEO and then turn DBSEO back on (on the backup).

It's not a big problem, but it seems like DBSEO is not aware that we are on a difference server and is using links in the database or DBSEO db cache, if I am understanding correctly why it is necessary to turn DBSEO off and back on again (on the backup after the mysqldump upload), to get the links to have the correct hostname (the backup instead of the main server).

OBTW, please keep up the good work on DBSEO in 2014!

Did you try clearing the cache instead? There's nothing in the mod that uses absolute URL AFAIK, and if it's the resolved URL's that use full URLs then this should be cleared by a cache clearance.

OK.. We did a full mysqldump again from the main to the backup server; and no.... the links are still messed up with DBSEO on the backup.

If tried flushing the cache.. it did help. I even tried turning off DBSEO, and then back on; and it still is messed. up.. many links for forum URL are the same as the main server; but if I turn off DBSEO, the links are fine (the same URL as the backup).

There is some bug.

It would be best if you could just tell me how to turn off this caching or DB history; so we can see how it works and what is going on when we disable those features.

Thanks!

PS: I just checked again, its been 15 minutes after updating the backup from the mysqldump. The links are fine without DBSEO turned on, but many of the forum URLs are pointing back to the main server with DBSEO on. There is definitely a bug in how this works in the case of doing a mysqldump from one server to the next!

Note: I have tried flushing memcache completely; flushing the DBSEO cache, and even turning DBSEO on and off.

The forum links work fine when DBSEO is off (on the backup server) but when I turn it back on, many of the links in the forums (including threads and posts and member proflies) are using the FQDN of the main server. Turn off DBSEO and all is perfectly fine.

I check the mysql DB on the backup, and I cannot see any reason for this; I even restarted memcached and the problem with the DBSEO links persists on the backup created from the mysqldump from the main server.

Hmmmm.

I turned DBSEO on and off ... and finally the DBSEO links are correct on the backup with DBSEO on.

Maybe it's a problem with the way we update our base URL setting on the backup... so I will turn on and off these settings first to see if that fixes the problem.

Please stand by.. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings