Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem

Customer
Whenever I try to change anything on this page (AdminCP-DBtech vbShout-Instance Management) NOTHING I do is saved. All changes are reported as saved but they are not. I CAN use the quick permissions setup and those changes WILL change. I've tried clearing the cache and the xCache via vbOptimize to no effect.

I am also planning on moving from a .com to a .net domain. I installed the latest version of vbShout on a fresh vanilla vb install and have the same exact issue.

Please advise...

UPDATE: For whatever reason I could not post to the forums last night, received a Server Refused to fulfill the request error. It seems to be fixed today. I PM'd you Fillip H. with this issue and the forums issue last night. I went ahead and included login credentials for my AdminCP and FTP just in case you needed it.

UPDATE: Another oddity... I have 2 instances already. I CAN edit the second instance and changes are saved. I CANNOT edit the instance 1 not add a new instance.

Last edited:
I received your PM, we're currently performing some maintenance on our server but I'll get to it as soon as I'm able :)

Update: Hey, thanks for waiting, sorry for taking so long to get back to you :(

The issue you're experiencing was caused by a new security feature in PHP 5.3.9 and above. By default, PHP will only accept 1000 form elements on a page.

I added the following code to your .htaccess file in your forum folder:
Code:
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
	php_value max_input_vars 10000
</IfModule>
and it now works as expected :)

Thanks so much. Your mods are top notch and your service is sterling. This is why I go pro whenever I can, to support the awesome job you guys do. :)

[UPDATE]
For others who may run across this thread looking for solutions to this issue and the above doesn't work. While this worked perfectly on one of my servers it didn't the other. At first I thought my .htaccess wasn't being processed but it was. Apparently on this new server php is running as a CGI the usual .htaccess php_value directives won't work. I had to create a .user.ini file in the forum root directory with the code max_input_vars = 10000.

I would like Fillip H. to weigh in on this. First I didn't know that PHP was running as a CGI. What does that mean exactly and will I run into other issues with your mods?

[UPDATE 2]
Seems my hosts default plesk installation is VPS-Optimized by default. When in this mode php can only be ran as CGI. I can switch it if I want, but should I?

Last edited:
Ah, I should have pointed that out: The .htaccess above only works if PHP is running as an Apache module (DSO).

I don't know off-hand if you'll run into any other problems with our mods. I do know you'll run into problems with the default vBulletin Plugin Manager if you have lots and lots of mods, though. I generated 3 hours of extra work for myself the day I discovered this "feature" in PHP 5.3 after saving plugin active status then finding out about a third of them had been set to inactive...

I don't really know if it's feasible for me to lower the functionality of my products to accommodate this feature - that's something we'll have to evaluate on an ongoing basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back