• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
This may have been occurring for awhile but I just noticed an error in Webmaster Tool's for my sitemap referring to the "Group" sitemap section. The error is because I currently do not have any groups and the .xml being created does not contain any links.

In Sitemap Page Settings I have "Include Social Group" turned off (and "include Social Group Discussion" turned off), but for some reason it is still generating a sitemap section for group.

This is most likely due to the XCache problem I noticed on your site the last time I visited. It's likely that the admin authentication is preventing cache entries from updating in certain circumstances.

In either case, try flushing the cache, that's what I had to do manually in order to get past the issue on your site.

When manually clearing cache and building the sitemap it seemed to always still want to produce the "Group" section even with the setting off. Tried multiple times over about 30 minutes.

I then let the automatic build run at it's normal time overnight and it wasn't produced in that build.

So, like you said it appears to be another Xcache issue - seems the authentication process is more of a pain in the operational side than it is a help from the security side.

You can consider this closed and at least a non-issue for DBSEO itself.

From my understanding, admin auth is only useful if you run multiple sites on the same server and you don't want them to be able to flush the cache. As far as I am aware, admin auth does not prevent any site from overwriting or fetching variables cached on your site, assuming they know the correct variable name.

It also protects the xcache-admin page, which you can already do via .htaccess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back