Bug Administrators keep getting prompted to authorise IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

impaktZygo

Customer
We are getting an interesting issue where Administrators successfully complete the IP authorization process thru vBSecurity. Their IP is successfully listed in the vBSecurity whitelist. However in subsequent attempts to access admincp the Administrator gets prompted to:

Your IP Address (#.#.#.#) is currently awaiting authorisation to be enabled for the user #####.

Please check the email address associated with your account and click the authorisation link.

However, it does not send another email (I suspect because it had already done so previously). If we try using the previous link, it says Invalid action. After several attempts to get in, sometimes we can.

Some additional info that may or may not have relevance. We recently followed vBSecurity's recommendations to rename our admincp and modcp directories. Could that have an impact?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Does the IPs vBSec print in that message match up with their actual IP from What Is My IP - Shows Your IP Address ?

If yes, do a search for that IP address in the dbtech_vbsecurity_adminauth table and tell me the row contents (minus the IP and the hash) and if there's multiple rows, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSecurity

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings