• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bug 404s on Quiz related pages after upgrade of Vb core to 4.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklein

Customer
Hi

After upgrading to VB 4.2.2 on our dev server. We are no longer able to get the quizzes to show up. I read some forums that suggested that newer version's of the mods fixed some of the issues with regards to VB 4.2.2. So I upgraded to the latest version of VbQuiz, and I still have the issue. Pages with query's like ?do=quiz&id=1 result in a 404 error.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am not experiencing this issue @ your site just now, has it been resolved?

Hello Fillip,

The issue was occurring on our development server, which is not accessible to the public. I believe we have figured out the issue. I'll post back here when I have the details.

Thanks,

Hello Fillip,

Looks like the issue was related to a directive in the Forums htaccess file. We removed that and the quizzes are now working. Thanks.

Hey Fillip,

To add some detail after a long and exhaustive search I found out it was only happening when '?do=' was added to quiz.php, and it had nothing to do with the contents of the file. So that narrowed it down to a rule somewhere. It ended up being in the .htaccess file in the forums home directory. I had to comment out the line:

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !(vbseourl=|do=)

Commenting it out solved the problem at hand. We still need to do some research on exactly where that rule originated or if we need it for something else. though. Thanks again for your consideration of the issue.

If you have switched from vBSEO to DBSEO, that line is no longer needed. If you attach your full .htaccess file (use htaccess.txt as the filename) I can take a look and see if there's anything else I notice off about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBQuiz

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back