Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

This really isn't an issue but was wondering if it was possible to develop an "addon" for mobile support. Something that would push shouts to a mobile phone using something like Tapatalk or forumrunner or an inhouse app.

I currently use android but I am sure there are a tons of people looking for apple support too.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Cold Assassin

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I doubt we could integrate with any actual apps like that - we'd need specific support compiled into the apps themselves.

There's been a few requests for support for the mobile style itself, but that's only available for a very specific range of vB4 forums (vB3 and vB5 has no mobile style support) so it's not easy to find the resources to dedicate to it.

I'll flag it under consideration still though - never say never :)

I thought I would just give my 0.02 cents. I was able to get this to work by making every shout get posted into a forum. The forum was closed so users couldn't post to it directly but the shoutbox could. It worked quite well but I lost the changes I made when i updated the vbshout (forgot to back the files up). Then life got busy and never fixed it. I also put the thread in an area that only admins can see, that way we could see what is getting shouted when away from the computer, but wasn't necessary. This also was nice because it provided a log of the shoutbox. Like I stated, just my two cents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.