Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
One of the things that I like about the current medal system I have (I haven't been able to impliment the Activity medal system yet) is that there's an icon for postbits and an icon for user profile.

That system works, but is somewhat flawed as well. What I'd like to see are:

Two icons for each medal, one for postbit and one for user profile.

If there isn't one for user profile, postbit is the default so there are never any empty images.

The reason for this is that some medals can have large icons and in the postbit, you might want to have a smaller version of it, but in the user profile, show the regular size.

What might also work is to be able to set the size of the icon for postbit or user profile.

Then just let the browser do the resize. It might look like crap too small or something, but it'd work too.

I suppose I could add support for multiple icons. I might as well do it across the board though.
Next Version (tm) xP

The reason we did normal sized 28x28 ones is because they were not to big for the postbit and looked awesome in the user profile, the mod your refering to was YAAS i'm assuming which had a small version and then an alternate image if you clicked it. when i used to use that system i hated the fact they had 2 images, looked rather messy. hence why i designed the icons to follow a standard rule of 28x28. Should Fillip H. add multiple images to it, i'll maybe do packs with smaller versions, the only time i see this working is with medals/ribbons and things, which i've designed to look smart and not too big or small anyway. However i do like the suggestion, its something we can look into.

Yeah, it's YAAS. =) My concern isn't really the size of the current images. It's when you have the current size for say achievements, then you add trophies and medals into the mix. Once you have all of those, it could get pretty nasty. I hate HAVING to use two images, which is why I suggested making the postbit the default (or whichever one) and if the other doesn't exist, use it. I still use YAAS right now until the multiple medals per user thing is done. Once that's done, I can finally dump it.

if i remember rightly, vBactivity shows medals and trophies next to your username (i'm sure Fillip H. will correct me if i'm wrong) i think only the achievements themselves are shown in the postbit area (plus i made the ribbons and certificates 32x32 to fit perfect in there too incase they showed there)

Trophies go next to username, Medals are displayed in exactly the same way as Achievements (the only difference is, they are manually awarded).

So it would depend on what the end user wihes to use as a size for medals and ribbons. if you kept them all to a set size it wouldn't be so bad, but as ya said if you want a bigger image then two is an option. so long as theres an option to turn it off. sounds good :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back